Friday, June 12, 2009

Mikayla's Surgery and other stuff.....

First off...thank you for the outpouring of support for Mikayla's surgery. While the surgery itself went well on Wednesday...she is not doing well from it. She is my high tolerance baby girl but this surgery has her really down and out. She was up all night last night in pain and it's just been awful. But we are hanging in there, waiting for her to turn the corner. Thankfully, my mom and dad were able to take Alec for a few days so we could really concentrate on Mikayla...she NEEDED us and still needs us badly.

Summer may be here...but we are just as busy as ever! We have had non-stop things going on and it's been a whirlwind since my last day of teaching last week. Tonight my mom brought Alec back up to Massillon and I was able to go to Alec's last t-ball game while mom stayed here with Kayla. She was so happy to her see her grandma. So they cuddled and I got to enjoy seeing my son play ball! Got lots of pictures but I already had these uploaded on this post just waiting for me to write so I will post t-ball pics another day. Alec's team played the team that has four of my students on it so that was cool to see them :-) They were happy to see me and it was nice to meet some of the parents I had yet to meet.

Last weekend we went to my grandma and grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary party. They also renewed their vows and it was just beautiful. I am posting a bunch of pics of it. I rarely see this side of my family...it's been over 10 years since I have seen some of my cousins so it was nice to be there, all of us, for the first time in a LONG time.

Hopefully Mikayla will make a turn soon and she can get ready to enjoy her big birthday party next Friday! I can't wait for it, princess themed of course, and it will be so much fun. Lots of her little friends will be there. I can't believe she will be three already...wow...where on EARTH has the time gone??!!

Mom and Mikayla at the anniversary party

Dad comforting an over-tired Mikayla who did not sleep the entire three hour drive down.

Grandma and Me

Grandma and Grandpa with our side of the family

Look how cute they are in this picture....amazing...60 years!!

Me with my grandma and grandpa...this is my dad's mom and dad in case you were wondering.

All the cousins (grandchildren) with grandma and grandpa

The ENTIRE Family

Alec and Me

My dad and his sisters with grandma and grandpa.

Alec with his great-grandparents!

Dad walking grandma down the aisle

Alec with his 2nd cousin Devin

Alec learned to ride his bike! He just took off like it was a piece of cake!

Look at him go!

Mikayla dressed up in her Cinderella gear she got from Sandy (mom's chemo angel) for her birthday!

Mikayla enjoying the hose the night before her surgery

I really wish she was this happy now :-(

She LOVED the hose!

And of course....my handsome boy!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Great pics!! Hope Mikayla feels better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are just precious!!!IM sorry that your baby girl had to have surgery...she is a doll!

OMG 60 years CONGRATS TO that gorgeous couple!! Love the group photo!!