Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July EVERYONE!!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful July 4th today! It's such a special day to us for so many reasons, one of which being that we are so proud that our daughter was able to become a citizen in this wonderful country where so many people dream of coming!

We celebrated the day by heading up to the first annual Red, White and ZOO at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo today. It was so much fun and the kids just loved it. It was so neat to see everyone celebrating there and all the children and families decked out in red, white, and blue. Just a really, really neat day. We were able to do so many fun things there today and with the weather in the 70's, it was just the perfect day for an outing to the zoo. Before we headed to Cleveland we stopped at Friendly's for lunch and then made the hour trip north for a fun-filled, festive, Fourth of July day! LOL.

We got home at about 7 PM and of course Alec was DYING to see the fireworks. I knew that one of us would take him, but with Mikayla's sensory issues I wasn't too sure about her. Not to mention they didn't start until 10PM and Mikayla is asleep no later then 8 pm each night. We kept her up and by the time we left here to head downtown she was in total meltdown mode. LOL. Oh well...we were going. We didn't take her last year and it was time she witnessed her first firework display. She was OK when we got down there and parked and then they started...and OH MY did she ever LOVE it. She totally got all excited saying WOWEE, WOWEE, BOOM BOOM BOOM. She was clapping and pointing and jibber-jabbering away. She loved it. Alec of course thought it was the greatest thing ever and told Mikalya "see honey, your big brother knows the cool things to do, I knew you would like this. Just stick with me Mikayla and I will teach you all the cool and fun things like this to do." He said it so innocently and sweetly.

All in all, this was one of the BEST days I have ever had. We just had a total blast today and the kids were in great spirits all day. It was a wonderful, amazing day...I hope and pray yours was the same!

They had this set up at the entrance of the Zoo for pictures...all flowers. Pretty cool!
Off we go on the train ride!
Alec, map in hand, on the train
Kisses for daddy
Checking everything out
Looking at the Kangaroos

Coming back in to the station:-)
OK this was SO cool. You buy little cups of nectar and then you go into this bird sanctuary where there are about 25 beautiful birds who will just fly right up on your hand and drink the nectar. It was AWESOME!
Alec would barely move...he was a little freaked out by it.
Can you tell here? He looks like "DAD HELP ME!"
Mikayla has no fear....here she is feeding one of them

She loved it!
Alec making his penny into a souvenir
Waiting for the "TOUCH" exhibit where you touch the rays and sharks
Here is Kris and Alec in the TOUCH exhibit
Mikayla checking out the Flamingos

Mommy and Alec
Isn't he pretty? Or she? Who knows!
Mikayla HAD to have this Polar Bear in one of the shops. She never let go of it all day and had to take it to bed with her too. It is soooooooo soft!
And here is a real one!
Sorry...don't know what this is. LOL.

Grizzly Bear
My two amazing, smart, beautiful kids:-)
Riding on daddy's shoulders. WOW...doesn't he look HUGE up there?
Mikayla LOVED sitting on this Elephant
Oh NO I am NOT getting off of this thing mom!

Nope...going to have to pry me off!
Slide time for Alec!
Slide time for Kayla!
They had this set up for today too! Pretty cool! You can't see it real well but it says
July 04, 2008
Cleveland
Zoo
Wish someone could have taken one of ALL of us:-( But Kayla and I still look good! HAH!

Mommy and Alec
In the van waiting for the fireworks to start
She didn't know WHAT was going on while we were waiting!
This is a good picture:-)
Me and my kiddo's

Here they GOOO!
Alec the cameraman!
She was totally fascinated by them
Pretty!
Way past bedtime...she fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!

13 comments:

Tara said...

It looks like you guys had an AWESOME 4th of July!! I'm so happy that the kids loved the fireworks! We are doing them tonight :) Hugs!

Natalie C. said...

Your kids are just perfect!

Steve & Amy said...

It looks like your July 4th was a big BANG:) The Cleveland Zoo looks so fun. I think we are going to plan a trip there in the future. Miss Mikayla looked like Mia did by the end of all the festivities:) Hope you have time to relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a perfect 4th of July!!! These will be wonderful memories to keep forever. It looks like you all had a blast at the zoo, cute pics!!
Have a great weekend!
Stacey

Rebecca said...

So glad you guys had a wonderful 4th! Love the pics! I can't believe how much Mikayla has grown just over the last month. Our babies are growing up! ;-)) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Hugs, Rebecca

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Great Zoo trip! We always have a great time! Happy Fourth of July!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Looks like your family had an awesome day!!! Madi braved out the fireworks here too!

Thanks for helping me pray for my sister!


Andrea

Robyn said...

What great pics!! Looks like you had a fun day!!

Robyn

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Just catching up with you guys, looks like a fun fourth!! Oh, I just love the picture of Mikayla in her birthday dress on your sidebar, what a doll!!!!

Jane said...

been a long time since I have been to your site, but wanted to let you know that I need help...

DISRUPTED adoption of a 12 year old boy from Guatemala....he needs his forever family.

please either post or link to my post for this child of God.

thanks for your prayers and help.

Megan said...

Happy Belated 4th of July!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderfull 4th! We are finally back on line after our move...good to "catch-up" with everyone!

Natalie C. said...

I am missing ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I am a lurker most of the time, and I have never commented on your blog. I followed you from a.com and loved your blog, however, just wondering about you, since we haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is fine with you and your family, and you are just enjoying the summer with your beautiful children.