There is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. It's so easy to simply say in passing that we are thankful for this and that. Do you ever really, I mean REALLY stop to think about the things that you are thankful for and what your life would be without those things? We live in a busy, fast-paced society, full of appointments, activities, household duties, etc. Weeks often come and go without us ever sitting back, taking in a deep breath, and realizing all that we are blessed to have. I know these past few months have been a whirlwind for me. And yesterday I turned in my last project, my case study, and now I am in that spot....that sitting back and thinking spot where I am able to reflect and..well...BREATHE for the first time in months.
Family - It's cliche, right? We always say we are thankful for family. But WHY are we thankful. If they were gone tomorrow what would you miss? Where would you be? Would you have loved them enough? Kissed them enough? Told them you loved them ten million times? Would you have regrets? My family is my world and I realize that. I would not be able to survive without the support, love, and the constant go-to of my family. I am who I am because of my mom and dad, my family
Kids - In the midst of the cookie crumbs, onslaught of toys, constant "Mom...can I or I need", baths, dinners, driving...are you able to enjoy your children? Do you tuck them in at night and kiss them. Do you read them that book even when you are exhausted and just want to crash yourself? Do you take that extra minute for one extra hug that wasn't necessary and wasn't asked for? I cannot possibly imagine my life without my children. I think the fact that we went through great lengths to build our family, much more then the average mom and dad go through (talking infertility here)...makes me really "stop and smell the roses" when it comes to my children. We came so close to only having one child that I just feel like I realize what it is like to not know if you are going to be able to have children. Unless you have been in that position it's hard to understand. I look at both my kids and thank God for the fertility that gave me Alec and the infertility that gave me Mikayla. I have watched Alec grow up in the blink of an eye and Mikayla has been home for almost two years. Where will you be in 20 years when they are grown and gone? Your house is spotless, you can travel at your own leisure, the cookies crumbs are no more. Will you have wished for more book readings, more bubble bath kisses, more making brownies in the kitchen? I hope not. I hope you live all of those moments now...because before we realize it the opportunity will have passed us by and we will no longer be the center of their universe.
Your Husband/Wife - Kris is my total and absolute soul mate. We are extremely happily married. Thankful doesn't seem to quite cut it in the gratefulness department. He is my other half and I love it. What about your spouse? Have you told them you loved them today? That you appreciate what they contribute to the family (even if you think it could be more)? Do you kiss goodbye in morning and sit down to talk at night....about everything and nothing? Do you make time for just the TWO of you?
Life - It's short. Do you count it a blessing each and every day you are alive? Even on the days where you want to crawl back under the covers and hide? Never forget the loved ones that we have lost. I am sure many of us, and many of them, would love to have that "day under the covers" back.
There is so much to be thankful for and always so much more we can do to SHOW our thankfulness to those we love and appreciate most. Tomorrow, when you sit down with family, or talk to them on the phone, tell them one thing that makes you most thankful that they are in your life. It's moments like that we carry with us the rest of our lives. We all love to be loved and all love for other's to be thankful. Show someone how much you love them on Thanksgiving.
Have a great holiday weekend. Get out there and get those Black Friday deals and shop to your heart, or wallet's content! Kris and I are taking our annual trip to Easton this weekend in Columbus. We do this every Christmas and I can't wait. My mom and dad are keeping the kids so it will be just Kris and I all weekend! Travel safe and enjoy the kick-off to the HOLIDAYS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's a remarkable post!!
I wish you and your a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!!
Happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend away!
Post a Comment