Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pictures and More!

Kris and I had so much fun this weekend in Easton. We laughed, and talked and shopped to our heart's content! It was so relaxing (well...as relaxing as Black Friday can possibly be in one of the most popular shopping destinations in Ohio) and we had SO MUCH FUN. Kris and I are very firm believers in taking time for just ourselves. We think it is very important for our marriage to get to spend alone time with one another...plus we just have so much fun together!! We used to do this a lot when it was just Alec but when Mikayla came home we were much more hesitant leaving her because we were scared to disrupt her bonding process. This was the first time we have ever stayed away from Mikayla for two nights. Mama and Papa did just fine though and the kids had just as much fun as we did!

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. We haven't gone home for Thanksgiving in quite a few years but since we were going away this weekend it just all worked out to be home. My mom fixed an amazing feast, complete with my favorite sweet potatoes. Later that evening, once the kids were fast asleep, Kris and I went in to see Mike and visit with him for awhile. Kris' mom and the kids went to Chicago for Thanksgiving but Mike stayed behind. It was a super nice visit with him:-)

Then off we went on Black Friday to Easton! We came back at about 2:00 pm today and tried to have a photo shoot in front of my mom and dads Christmas Tree. I wanted to get a pictures for our Christmas cards. Well...I posted some "out-takes" on here and of the over 100 pictures we took...we did manage to get ONE that will work for the cards. But I am not posting it until after my Christmas cards are in the mail. That should happen later this week after I write my annual Christmas Letter:-) I don't think going to have pictures taken somewhere this year is in the cards. Mikayla just can't handle all the stimulation and it's too hard on her.

We then went in to see Mike, Diane, and the kids at the church to give Diane her birthday gift. We were late, her birthday was a few days ago, but we wanted to give it to her in person. We were SO EXCITED because as luck would have it Annie and Maggie were singing a song tonight!!!! We had to get back home to get the dogs from the kennel so they moved them up in the program to sing first so we got to see it!! They did an AMAZING job. It's so hard to believe these are the same little girls that came into Mike and Diane's home when Kris and I had just started dating. They are all grown up! And so beautiful! I only wish I would have had my camera so that I could have posted a picture of them. I was so glad we were there to see it!

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful long holiday weekend...now on to CHRISTMAS! I need to get busy because the 2nd Annual Guatemalan Adoptive Families Christmas Party is THIS weekend and I still have things to get for it:-) Can't wait!

Also, please keep my Uncle Richard in your thoughts and prayers. He had to have emergency surgery this weekend and is also facing another surgery soon. He is not doing well and could really use your prayers. Thank you!!

The Place Cards
The Dinner Table

MY FAVORITE...SWEET POTATOES!!

Mommy and her girl...how thankful I am to have these holidays with BOTH of my kids. It was only two short years ago that Mikayla wasn't home and I was devastated.

What mom? Am I doing something bad?

NOPE....just heading to the fridge!

She loves fridge magnets

My amazingly cute little boy...who gets PHONE NUMBERS from girls! WHAT the HECK!?!? It's KINDERGARTEN!

He has the sweetest most innocent smile. Hmmmmm....

Thanksgiving Photo.....Lovey included and Alec chopped off. ROFL!

Just another Alec pic

And another of Mikayla too

Alec's mini-snowman

Mikayla all smiles for Papa

I think this picture is so sweet

CHRISTMAS PHOTO SHOOT REJECTS!!!! HAH!!!






That's all!! Man do I love my dad's Nikon. I AM SO JEALOUS OF IT. Look for the "good" picture in a Christmas Card coming soon to your mailbox and have a GREAT week!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

I LOVE that crying shot!!LOL!!
Your family is so beautiful and I'm glad you guys had a wonderful holiday!!

Anonymous said...

awwwww what a great new pictures of the kids....I just bought abby that doggie outfit with the cute black fur hat!!! CUTE!

hugs,Leslie

Arena Mom said...

Awesome pix Mindy!! Andy and I need to do the getaway thing soon too. You are so right!

veggiemom said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Love all the pics!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Can't wait to see the APPROVED Christmas card shot.

Steve & Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful & yummy Thanksgiving!! (Those sweet potatoes are making me drool:) I love the pics..even the rejected ones. And everyone looks adorable as always!! I think you need to ask Santa for your own Nikkon:) You have been VERY good this year:)!