Friday, February 20, 2009

Alec is HOME!!!!!!!!

First of all....WOW...thank you so much for all the countless e-mails, phone calls, cards, balloons, texts, and comments. I really appreciated each and every one of them and so did Alec. I mean that from my heart. We have an amazing group of friends and family and for that I will be forever grateful.

Alec was thankfully released from the hospital late last night. He was very dehydrated and their main concern was getting him hydrated again. He was so lethargic and his fevers have been so, so high. It has been a very scary time for Kris and I and one in which we have felt very, very helpless. It's a horrible feeling to hold your limp child who is burning up from fever and not be able to "fix it."

I am absolutely exhausted but I am happy to report that Alec seems to have turned the corner. He was actually sitting UP today and playing with his Nintendo DS (mommy and daddy bought him two news games of course!) and he ate a little bit of food!!!! This is a BIG deal since he has not eaten since last Saturday. He still is "losing" most of what he drink and eats but it's coming out the other end if you know what I mean. So he is not out of the woods yet. He has lost 5 pounds in the past week!!!! They also found an ear infection that came on suddenly and he is in a lot of pain from that. POOR GUY! He can't catch a break.

Alec loved the balloons that he got from family and friends at the hospital. Thank you to all of you who prayed and sent things to Alec. It really made his day. He felt so loved and as a mother you want that for your child when they are sick like this.

His school secretary stopped by our house after school today to hand deliver and stuffed bear and card signed from his entire class, his teacher, the secretary and the principal! I love Alec's school. He is so blessed to have such an amazing teacher and support system there. He is now sound asleep. He slept over EIGHTEEN hours last night!! He needed it bad though.

Once again....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have e-mailed me personally or called I apologize for not getting back to you. I literally have over 20 e-mails yet to respond back to and countless phone calls. Please be patient as I have not slept really since Tuesday night.

Here are some pictures that Gina took from when Mikayla stayed with her the other night. Thank you Gina for taking her so late at night and at such short notice Wednesday. You know exactly what our friendship means to me. Christian and Mikayla are forever cute together.

I don't have any pictures of Alec. As soon as he is feeling better I will take one.




9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad to hear Alec is feeling better and is home! I'll keep you guys in my prayers for a full recovery!

Steve & Amy said...

Praise the Lord! So good to hear the good news! Praying for a speedy full recovery for Alec. Also praying that you get some much needed rest!!!

Tina said...

I am so glad that he is feeling better. We have been dealing with some version of the flu since the day after the Chuck E Cheese party. The kids are finally dong better today. I just hate it when they are sick and there's nothing you can do for them. It looks like Mikayla and Christian had a great time together.

Jen said...

I am so glad you guys are home. Thinking of you.
Love,
Jen

Arena Mom said...

I have been thinking about you guys!! I am so glad he is home and things are looking up!

Watson Family said...

I'm glad Alec is home and starting to feel better. I am thinking about you guys and have you in my prayers!!

Elena's Girl said...

Hi Mindy,

I am so glad to hear that Alec is home. I will pray that he is back to his old self soon. I hope you are able to get a little sleep now. You must be so exhausted. Great news though!

Lisa (Leebert2 on a.com)

theonewhere said...

oh alec!!! i am so sad to hear you are not feeling well, but i am glad you are home! i look forward to reading VERY soon that you are all better!
brook :)

Our Adoption Process said...

Mindy, I have been so busy lately but just caught up and am so glad to hear Alec is okay. Moms understand that helpless feeling and I am so happt to hear he is ok. My heart goes out to you and Kris...Hugs from PA..Kerry and family