Thursday, September 6, 2007

This and That

What a week! So much going on here. First of all...my mom is doing pretty well. She needs to rest more and let herself heal better which she is having a hard time with since she is a very on the go person. She had her check-up with her DR today who discussed the "plan of action" with her. I will talk about that more when full decisions on it have been made. But all in all...she is doing very well and is doing good...I know you ALL want to know:-) Thank you for your continued prayers!

Secondly...Mikayla is still a little under the weather. This has really been going on for quite some time and I am beginning to wonder if it is allergies at this point. We had to make a complete switch from Soy milk to Soy Formula which is just easier for her. She was a mess on the Soy milk but is tolerating the Soy Formula like a champ so we will stick with that until we feel ready to try the milk again...our doctor said not to push her and she is FINE on this. She is doing well except for the fact that the bottom tooth that she just got in is the WRONG tooth. What the heck?! It's her eye tooth and it should be another one of the bottom four. I am going to have to call the pedi dentist that Alec goes to and see what is going on because there is another tooth trying to come in along with it that looks like the RIGHT tooth. Isn't that strange??? I have no idea what to do about it. I guess nothing at this point.

I am doing OK but very tired. The past two days I have been in a lot of pain with my kidneys. Thought I had another infection. This morning I woke up from my sleep and sat straight up in bed the pain was that severe and guess what...I passed a Kidney Stone and I caught that sucker. This is about the 5th one I have passed...the past four I had to go to the ER because the pain was too much but this one I handled on my own. How on earth can something so small (the size of a grain of rice) cause so much pain. Oh well...it's out..but I have a lot more. I am calling my Urologist tomorrow because he told me if I had ONE MORE kidney infection I was going to have to have surgery to correct my kidney issues and guess what....I have had five. So I need to call him and schedule another VCUG to check my kidney reflux level again and see how much damage my kidneys now have. If you are family or close friends you know that I have kidney problems, but some of you may not. It's too long and complicated to explain right now, maybe someday, but the gist of it is that I have what is called a Double Collecting System. Basically four kidneys but they are really ONE set of kidneys that contain two "collecting systems" and four ureters. One for each:-) But the ureters are in the wrong place on my kidneys and need to be detached and moved to proper spot. OK...too much medical info for one night.

I have been slowly getting Mikayla stuff for fall. Having a girl is a bad thing for the wallet. Especially when you have ME as the mom. I am a huge Gymboree addict. I mean....HUGE. I also love The Children's Place but 90% of her fall clothes are from Gymboree. YIKES. It's just too cute to handle. Love the new lines. You gymbo fans, and I know there are a few on here, know what I mean. So I dressed her up in one of her Children's Place outfits yesterday. Didn't do her hair and IGNORE the closet. It so needs cleaned out. It is FULL of clothes and "stuff."

Also...I am so behind on everyone's blogs it isn't even funny anymore. It's going to take me a week to catch up on everyone. But...I will do it so look for a blog visit from yours truly!

Have a great weekend and OH...my diet is going great...I am on a roll!

So...am I cute of what?
Sleeping in the High Chair a few days ago when she was sick. I put a pillow under head at least and Alec brought down his CD player and played her music. LOL.

14 comments:

Kate said...

Mindy, I am sorry that you weren't feeling great! And poor Mikayla! Sick or not she is always so darn cute:) Seeing that you are getting Mikayla's Fall clothes reminds me I need to start shopping for Gabi:) YEAH!! I love shopping:) It is also great to hear that your mom is recovering well! HUGS!

Brandy's Adventure said...

Hey,
Thanks for calling last night. It was nice to catch up again. We let too much time go by this time of not talking, but who can blame us between the two of us I am surprised we have time to breathe!!! I am exhausted today and the day hasn't even started yet! Hopefully I get a little time to myself this weekend, but who knows!
Well, give me a call sometime in the next week. Hope things start getting better around there with everyone being sick. Sorry to hear about your kidney stone! You better get to the doctor soon!! Take care of yourself cause your kids need their mommy in the best health possible!!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Well, the good news is your mom is doing well! Wishing her a continued speedy recovery!
Now you and Mikayla need to get healthy!!! Glad to hear her milk issues are resolved for the time being. Kidney stones-yikes!
I purposely walk the long way around our mall to avoid passing Gymboree. LOL I do what i can to try to keep myself out of trouble!:) Girls are EXPENSIVE!
Have a good weekend!
NiCole

Pineapple Princess said...

Hi Mindy~

My name is Stacy and I love your blog! We are in the early stages of our Guatemalan adoption. I started a blog for our baby girl. Would you consider adding our link to your others? If you don't mind, thank you! It's http://adoptbellagrace.blogspot.com/
Blessings,
Stacy in California

Sarah said...

Wow, we just found out last year that my 9 yr. old daughter has a double collecting system on one of her kidneys! She doesn't seem to have any problems because of it, though. Hope you're feeling better soon, and your little one, too! Glad to hear your mom is on the mend.
Sarah

Megan said...

Hang in there girl...We are praying for your mom and all of you! Sorry for all your pain with your kidneys and poor little Mikayla...I am suprised you have time to breathe! Megan

Melissa De Mers said...

Mikayla probably does have allergies, I know Haylee gets them BIG time with the change of seasons. Poor girl!

Sorry your kidney issue is acting up again. Please take care of yourself, I know you've been in ER quite a few times since I've known ya. You need to be healthy for your family! :o)

I'm SOOOOOOO glad Mom Cheryl is doing better. I am going to email her this weekend. She's a sweetie.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Love ya,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Mindy I am sorry you aren't feeling well. :( Karly has renal reflux too....vcug time has never been fun! :( Mikayla looks adorable as always and I totally know what ya mean about the Gymbo. I think they need a 12 step program for Gymbo addicts. ;) Glad your mom is feeling ok as long as she gets lots of rest.

Blessed Mommy said...

oh mindy, i am so sorry to hear about all your recent pain. But i'm so glad to hear a positive update on your mom. and, wow girls sure are expensive (especially when you have two and you LOVE for them to dress identically - lol!!!) my biggest issue is finding TWO of everything in the same size.. without having to run to three stores :) GIRL shopping sure is FUN tho!! lots of love to you!!!

Steve & Amy said...

Sorry to hear that you & Mikayla are under the weather, but glad to hear your mom is doing well. I am a BIG gymboree addict...(there i admit it, isn't that the first step??) Your pictures just gave me a reason to go shopping. (Not that I even need one:) We don't have the outfit Mikayla is wearing:) So glad to read that Mikayla finally agrees with the formula. Keep us posted on everyone's health, you will all be in our prayers!

Steve & Amy said...

I didn't realize that my comments take a while to appear so yes I have posted a million comments...So here's one more:)

Mikayla is adorable:)

veggiemom said...

Okay - I used to look at your blog all the time and tonight realized I was missing it because I had never gotten it added to my google reader. I've missed out on so much. Glad you and your mom are better and hope Mikayla is feeling better soon. She looks so comfy asleep in her high chair.

Kerri and Ruby

Tara said...

Holy Biscuits have you had a full plate girl! I'm glad that your mom is feeling better. Logan is off from preschool on Monday's if you want to meet at the zoo some time :)

Rebecca said...

Oh Mindy, the pics are just adorable!! I'm SO sorry to hear about that you aren't feeling well and that Mikayla is under the weather. I hope you guys will be better soon!!! Also glad to hear that your mom is doing better. I will be thinking of you guys. Hang in there!!! Also, let me know what kind of formula you are using. I have a can of Nestle Good Start Soy here that I would be glad to mail to you. I also have all kinds of great coupons for formula that I will be glad to send to you. Hugs and Love, Rebecca and Zachary