Tonight, on the eve of your birthday, I want to thank you for all of the blessings that you have bestowed upon my family. I am so thankful for my husband, my beautiful children, my family...my LIFE! It is so easy in the chaos of the season to loose track of the important things and let the little things get in the way of our joy. I want you to know that never have I forgotten this Christmas Season what you have given to me, to us. I love you Lord, thank you...thank you for ALL that you given to me and for your saving grace that has blessed this world.
This past weekend was full of amazing and incredible memories that will last a lifetime. Being with our families this weekend was just completely a wonderful experience. The joy that it brought to me and my family in indescribable and truly, this is one of the most amazing holidays that I can remember. Being with my mom was something that I needed and SHE needed and it was just wonderful to be together and watch the children enthralled with the wonder of Christmas. Their innocence and sweetness will never be forgotten this Christmas. We took so many awesome pictures this past weekend, five hundred of them to be exact, and I have decided to make a video presentation of the holidays as a whole rather then post just a few pictures on my blog. But I am going to post pictures of tonight.
My mom and dad always come up and celebrate Christmas Eve with us and this year was no different. I am so thankful beyond words that we were all healthy to be able to spend all this time together. So, so thankful!! I always make the same the Christmas Eve dinner with the same cookies, I am all about tradition! We hang out, play with toys, and just be together. After my parents left the kids and Kris and I made cupcakes for Santa and danced to Christmas Music. We got the kids dressed in the Christmas Eve PJ's, set out the cupcakes, read them the Christmas Story, said our Christmas prayers, and tucked them each into bed...so blessed...I know I say that often but I can't help it. I really know that I am blessed to have them!
I just can't begin to explain how much this Christmas means to me....in so many different ways. This is the first Christmas that I feel complete with my family. I feel like we have it all and couldn't even begin to ask for more. These past few days with family has just made me appreciate it all so much more. I love my family so much. My mom and dad are both such an inspiration to me and we are so close. Being apart these past few months while the kids were sick and my mom has been undergoing her Chemo has been very tough on me. But this past weekend renewed me and I feel so happy. Christmas is a time for memories and family. Last Christmas I tried so hard to make it wonderful, and it was, but my heart ached for Mikayla. She is here, we were all together, and I couldn't be more happier OR more thankful. My husband, my children, and my family are everything to me.
I hope that all of you have a very blessed and wonderful Christmas. Please, be thankful for the blessings in your life and remember to relish in every single minute because life it so short and memories should be made when the opportunity to make them is HERE. And remember in the craziness of gifts, cookies, gatherings, and dinners to stop and thank Jesus for his loving grace, his faithfulness, and his forgiveness...for it is HE that we truly celebrate tomorrow!
Many Christmas Hugs
Mindy


6 comments:
Love the matching pj's and the big girl nightgown. So cute!
Have a great Christmas!
Kerri and Ruby
Oh what great Christmas memories!!!! Santa must LOVE coming to your house because he gets cupcakes! We're boring and just leave cookies:) Have a wonderful Christmas! Love the jammies!
Love ya!
Merry Christmas Ousely's!
i love all the pictures and te mathching pj's..merry christmas
Beautiful post and beautiful family! Merry Merry Christmas!!!!
Hey! I have not fallen off the earth but we are very busy, I wanted to say how much your juds remind me of ours and your Mom looks so great.
Your writing is beautiful.
I have been staying at home while we transition our lives and I cannot fit the computer in.
Bit I think of you!!!
Happy New Year!
Hugs, Kerry
Post a Comment