Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

So today is my birthday! I am a December baby:-) And I LOVE being a December baby because the holidays are my favorite time of the year so what could be better then to have a birthday right before Christmas!!

I was born at 6:41 am in Washington Court House, Ohio in a VERY small hospital on 12-12-1979. So how old does that make me??? Well, so that you don't have to do the math I will tell you that I turned 28 years old today:-) So far, I don't feel like I am old. LOL.

As a child, I always had wonderful birthdays. My mom and dad always went above and beyond their means to make sure I had a fantastic birthday. I can remember all of them vividly and love each and every one of those memories. So who out there had a McDonald's birthday party?? WOOO HOOO for the 80's! Those were the days! My party themes as a child consisted of Barbie, Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony and much more. Amazingly...a lot of these toys are "back in style" now...I need to raid my toys at my mom and dads and pull out the My Little Pony's for Mikayla. I know I saved a few of them!

As for this year, no, we didn't have a Barbie Party, but we did celebrate! Yesterday we drove up to Joe and Gina's to spend the evening and have dinner. We also made it a birthday/Christmas party for the 7 of us. We exchanged all of our gifts and Gina cooked an AMAZING dinner. Don't worry..I stole her recipe for us! My mom called and ordered a birthday cake for all of us to have. I picked it up before we headed up to their house and it was MMMM, MMMM GOOD! Thank you mom! It was something my mom wanted to do for me since we couldn't be together this year for my birthday. So all of our kids were showered with Christmas Gifts last night and it was great to see them playing and enjoying each other. It was just a GREAT time all the way around! Thanks Gina and Joe for helping make my birthday this year special and thank you mom for thinking of me and getting the cake because it made me feel closer to you...somehow...

Today I slept in. That's what I get to do when it's my birthday around here. I ended up getting up around 11:00 am. HAH! Kris took the day off work and NEVER told me about it until the last minute...he wanted to surprise me and I was EXCITED about it! So he took Alec to preschool this morning and I was able to sleep! Then after Mikayla got up from her nap we headed out to dinner together and it was so much fun! Both the kids were so well-behaved and Alec has been so excited all day that it was my birthday today! Kris bought me a Hallmark Ornament. He has been getting me one for my birthday for the past three years. He started it the year the series came out and they are fairies. I LOVE THEM. Then my "kids" got me a SPA package. Oooooooooooohhhh YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!! I need a "me" day BAD!

So after we got home we took some pictures and then got the kiddo's in bed and now here I am! Updating my blog! What a busy and fun past few days!

I just wanted to ask everyone to please keep praying for my mom. I don't talk about her much on here because she doesn't like to be talked about but I don't care tonight. She had her third Chemo treatment last Friday and they are hard on her, very hard. Please pray that she starts feeling better soon. Her FINAL Chemo treatment will be the Friday AFTER Christmas so AT Christmas she should feel good! But please continue to keep my mom in your prayers. She is the bravest and most beautiful woman I have ever known. I am so proud to call her my mom!

OH...and one more thing. To those of you that wanted added to my blogroll...don't worry..I haven't forgotten about you and thanks for coming "out of the dark." I will work on it as soon as I get more TIME!

Now...on to the TONS of pictures!


Me with BOTH my kids for the FIRST time on my birthday!
Alec did pretty good! He took this one!
ALEC CAUGHT US KISSING!!! And he was PROUD of it!
Another "Alec Shot" of Kris and I
Our photographer. Don't mind the huge RUG BURN on his forehead. He was chasing Mikayla around two days ago on the living room floor with his head ON the carpet. Boys. That's all I have to say. I edited it out of the picture of me and the kids but I didn't any of the others. Hopefully it's gone for Christmas!
Miss. Busy
Daddy...what is in my purse?
Out tree....complete with ribbon falling down on the side because Mikayla keeps pulling it off. All the ornaments are at the top because she was eating the ones she could reach and honestly, I have given up on trying to make it look nice anymore...Mikayla keeps pulling on the ribbon and bows!


Putting the candles on my cake at Gina's
Mommy and her little boy
Helping me blow out candles
Mommy and Daddy
It was TOY HEAVEN!
Leaving Christian behind in the dust! HAH!

WHAT A TOTAL DOLL THIS CHILD IS!
OK...this is one of my FAVORITE outfits Mikayla has ever worn! The skirt is all snowflakes.
And believe it or not it's NOT Gymboree:-) She LOVED all the "different" toys
Alec opening his gifts
He had to take the CAR to dinner tonight
It's Mikayla's turn!
Now Christian opens his!
He did pretty good too!
I am going to her her!
Dancing around with Gina to a donkey song...don't ask. Seriously.
Elmo....I LOVE you!
WHOA!!!!!!!! HUGE SMILE ALERT!
What can I get into now?
YEEEEES! THEY LET ME LOOSE!
Sorry mom....I am NOT going to smile...Christian smiles, I don't. I just look pretty.

29 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

Happy, happy birthday girl!! i just turned 26 a few wks ago, and I agree that we are still young :D What a blessing to have our kids home and with us! Looks like you had a great celebration!!!

Blessed Mommy said...

oh, and we'll keep praying for your sweet mom too!!!

Steve & Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! So glad to hear that you had a WONDERFUL day! So your birthday wish from last came true and Kayla is home. The question is what did you wish for this year????:) Happy birthday! Hugs!!!

*Love the pictures!

veggiemom said...

Happy birthday, Mindy!!! Glad you were well enough to celebrate so well. :)

Love the pics! Your tree looks like my parents with all the ornaments at the top (we just went with a table-top tree this year).

Kerri and Ruby

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Mindy. Your mom is in our prayers.

Joe and Gina said...

Happy Birthday Mindy. Yeah for you getting to sleep in..You lucky, lucky girl. I love all of your pictures, Alec did really well. Thanks for coming to visit. It was my pleasure making dinner..No making fun of my donkey song..LOL...it works when Christian doesn't want his diaper changed...I am so glad you had a good dinner tonight.

Your Mom is in my prayers..One more treatment to go..YEAH !!!!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday!

Mine is the 20th and I was also born in 79 so we aren't far apart at all. I also love having a Dec B-Day.

I am praying for your mom. I have a G-Daddy going through chemo too so I know how you feel and I also know how to pray. She is in my prayers.

Andrea

Melissa De Mers said...

wow alec needs to give haylee some photography lessons! of course it doesn't help that my camera practically needs a TRIPOD, LOL! he did a great job w/those pics...you and kris are just a CUTE couple! very photogenic. you're so beautiful, i'm jealous! :)

wow about alec's forehead, i was impressed you photo edited out of the 1st pic! i had to go back & look, HA HA! hmmmm i need photo editing...sometimes i could use a touch up too. ;)

was gina dancing to Dominic the Donkey? that is a hilarious Christmas song! ever heard it? Dominic the Christmas donkey, hee haw hee haw. anyway, it's a cute one.

i also love Mikayla's outfit!

Oh and HAPPY BDAY! i thought you were older than ME by a month, but i'm almost ONE FULL MONTH older than you! mine was Nov 20th. :)

love ya girlie,
Melissa

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like you had a great day!! Love the pictures. Alec is a great photographer!!

Sharon

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday!!! So awesome of your hubby to let you sleep in...I can't think of a better gift! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! Sorry, I am going to ask---was it Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey? I love that song!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! (and don't you dare talk about being old - back when I first starting teaching, you could have been in my class!!)

It looks like you had a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

1st happy birthday, gina told me you guys were coming over, glad you two have found each other for the longest time i always felt bad for gina because she didn;t have anyone she was really close to there.
2nd i would like to thank you fro updating your blog all the time. Since we all live in Pittsburgh we dont get to see Christian as much as we would like so your pictures of him are always great for me to keep updated on him. I talk to Gina alot but seeing him is so much better.
Lastly, Hope your holdays are wonderful, I cant imagine how excited both you and my sister are to have your children home with you this christmas. I have never seen her happier in the last 7 years so this is going to be a christmas we all remember

Lisa

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Happy, happy birthday, Mindy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday birthday girl....from the birthday boy. :)

Love,
eli m.

Monique said...

Happy Birthday ! Glad to hear you had a good one. The pictures are wonderful. Red is such a vibrant color and you wear it well. Many prayers being sent out to your Mom.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday!

Looks like you had a wonderful and very special time. The pictures are all great.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday girl!! I didn't realize that we had birthdays so close. Mine is Saturday. I will be 37!!! ;-)) I hope you had a wonderful birthday and it looks like you did. I mean let's face it...you have it made...perfect husband, perfect children, perfect tree. What more could you want?! ;-)) HUGS!!! Love, Rebecca and Zachary

junglemama said...

WHat a great looking family you all are. :) I love the picture of the two of you hugging in front of the tree. It is so important to keep up the romance after kids.

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love the first pic!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!! It sounds like you had a great day. I love all pictures, what a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mindy!!! I was born in 1980 also and turned 28 this year, too!!! Hope your day was wonderful and your babies are so precious! I love that blue snowflake outfit on Mikayla! So cute!

Timberly

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Hey Mindy, thanks for your sweet comment. Happy Birthday!! Mikayla's hair is sooo long, what a doll she is in her cute outfits!!!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday!

Hehe, and yes, I had a McDonalds birthday party :)

Nikki

Jane said...

still praying for your mom...thank you for the update!

And 28!!! I knew you were young, but didn't realize you were THAT young! 1979!!! And no wonder... the winter of 1978/79 was long, cold and VERY snowy....I'll leave it at that! I just remember that we had tons of snow days and sold TONS and TONS of fire wood that year! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

happy belated birthday!

JoAnn said...

Happy be-lated Birthday to you. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! Happy Birthday!!

Robyn

Jaime said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love all of the pictures and your new page looks awesome! I love it...I am probably going to get in touch with Nikki to have a new layout done for the New Year. Also, I wanna say that you look really great! I havn't been keeping up to date on the weekly weigh-ins but you look really good. Congrats! and Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm LOVIN the two outfits Mikayla is wearing in this post AND her full piggie tails!