Monday, January 14, 2008

YES, we are here!

Sorry...Kris and Mikayla are very sick so I haven't had much time to post. It all started on Friday. I took Mikayla in for her 18 month check-up and when he looked in her ears low and behold she had an ear infection. I didn't even know! We must have just caught the DR on the right day because the next day she was very sick. She is on antibiotics and is real lethargic now. I hate it...poor baby. So instead of ME getting it this time with the kids, KRIS got it. He called off work today and stayed home with her this morning while I was in school. So far Alec and I are good. Kris started getting it on Saturday. The same day that he and Alec went to see the Monster Truck Nationals up in Cleveland. We got tickets and thank GOD Kris was just starting to get sick because he still felt good enough to go. We would have had one REALLY sad kiddo. Well...I probably would have taken him if Kris couldn't have.

School is going great...it's pretty easy really. I am glad to be doing something for "me" again. I love teaching soooooo much and have really missed it. Well...that's it...just a short update on us. I take Mikayla back in two weeks to get the shots she couldn't get on Friday and then we will be scheduling her hearing test at that time. She needs to have it done:-) Been putting it off actually but need to DO IT.

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!

Kris and Kayla on Friday...you can see in her eyes that she is starting to get sick
She pulled out her hairbows and thought it was SO FUNNY!
Snuggling with daddy before HE got sick!

I know it's dark....it's the only one Kris took. Men aren't as "picture happy" as woman are!
The trucks
Alec loved it...he had an AWESOME time and was SO wound up when they got home!

11 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

I hope they feel better soon~ and YOU don't get it either.

I'm glad school is going well. I prayed for you on your first day!

~Stacy

Blessed Mommy said...

Hope Kayla and Kris are feeling better soon! being sick is no fun :(

Steve & Amy said...

Oh Mindy! So sorry to hear that you have sickness going through your house again! Praying that everyone gets better SOON! Love the pictures! Looks like Alec had so much fun with his Daddy...some much needed time together for them. Glad to hear that school continues to go well! Keeping you in our prayers! Love ya!

Kim said...

Don't you hate it when they are sick?? I'm glad school is going good!! Stay well!!!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I hope that Kris and Mikayla fell better soon. And I am so glad that you are enjoying school. You don't have far to go at all.

Andrea

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

I hope they feel better Mindy, I'm so glad that you are enjoying school. Thats fun!

Anonymous said...

I hope Mikayla and Kris are feeling better VERY soon! It looks like Alec had a great time watchig those trucks! Glad that he got to go!

Timberly

Rosella said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. Monster trucks. You guys are awesome parents! So fun! Geez, I don't remember doing things like that! So glad you're back in school. You did hear Brittany got a 3.65 GPA! Yee Haw. Please update!! I'm needing an Alec & Mikayla fix!
Love, Aunt Zell

Nikki said...

Hi everyone! I am just posting a little message on all the blogs I have designed letting you know that I am looking for ideas! As you know, I donate $5 of every blog to a Charity of the Month. Since you guys are what make Blogs for a Cause possible, I want your input for the future Charity of the Month for the months to come. Check out the first post on www.madebynikki.blogspot.com for full details. I can’t make any promises, of course, as I expect to get several suggestions, but I will definitely take everything into consideration! Please let me know of any ideas that you have of a group/person who needs monetary donations!
Thanks :)
Nikki

Becca said...

Mindy,

Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Dave is laying on our couch rigt now trying not to be sick himself, and of course the kids are all over him and in his face...

Becca

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I don't have your email but I wanted to let you know that Princess Mikayla is on the dateline website. My story has been published but so far no pics that I submitted. GO US! We need our voices heard!

Andrea