Yesterday was my moms last Radiation Treatment...as in she is DONE....she FINISHED...she is a SURVIVOR...and let me tell you, I couldn't be prouder of her. This was a very hard, and long journey for her. There were nights she would e-mail me and tell me she just couldn't do it...that it was too hard and that she was too sick. I encouraged her, her friends encouraged her, our entire family encouraged her and now, months later she is done, she made it through, and the journey has come to an end. I have never been a more proud daughter in my life. There is nothing my mom has done that has made me more proud, more amazed, or more humbled then watching her endure this fight. I just don't think people that haven't "lived" through cancer can fully grasp what it does to you, to your family. It's grueling and tiring....and it makes you want to cry out in anger that it's YOUR mom or loved one facing it. There were times I wished I could have taken it all from her and taken it on myself. It was a helpless feeling and I often struggled to find the right words for her, the right card to help her, or the right care package items to make her feel comforted when she couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, and couldn't sit up because of the nausea.
Yesterday, she celebrated. She celebrated LIFE and a battle fought and WON. Mom, I love you so much. You are a true inspiration to so many people. Your bravery and selflessness have been amazing. I am so proud of you, so proud to be your daughter, and so proud that you held you head high, even in the darker moments. God has blessed you and us with the gift of having you here with us for many more years to come...don't EVER think otherwise.
To my friends...I love all of you...the ones that helped me get through this...that helped me so that I could help her. It wasn't easy. Gina, I could cry just typing this. You were there for me every step of the way and listened to me cry countless times and never waivered. You held me up when I was scared and made me laugh when I wanted to just cry. You listen. You still listen.
OK...I am all teared up. I put the pictures out of order but don't want to re-load them. Kris took the day off work today so we could have a Family Day. We took the kids out to have their pics taken at Kiddie Kandids. Mikayla did really well (if you know what our OTHER pics have turned out like, many of which I have refused to even post on my blog you would understand). Alec, however, wanted nothing to do with this photo shoot. I am going to try to get some better ones tomorrow in my OWN home-made studio. LOL.
Yesterday, she celebrated. She celebrated LIFE and a battle fought and WON. Mom, I love you so much. You are a true inspiration to so many people. Your bravery and selflessness have been amazing. I am so proud of you, so proud to be your daughter, and so proud that you held you head high, even in the darker moments. God has blessed you and us with the gift of having you here with us for many more years to come...don't EVER think otherwise.
To my friends...I love all of you...the ones that helped me get through this...that helped me so that I could help her. It wasn't easy. Gina, I could cry just typing this. You were there for me every step of the way and listened to me cry countless times and never waivered. You held me up when I was scared and made me laugh when I wanted to just cry. You listen. You still listen.
OK...I am all teared up. I put the pictures out of order but don't want to re-load them. Kris took the day off work today so we could have a Family Day. We took the kids out to have their pics taken at Kiddie Kandids. Mikayla did really well (if you know what our OTHER pics have turned out like, many of which I have refused to even post on my blog you would understand). Alec, however, wanted nothing to do with this photo shoot. I am going to try to get some better ones tomorrow in my OWN home-made studio. LOL.




Alec had his Easter party at school on Thrusday. It was so much fun for him and his friends. He wanted to do treat bags for all the kids...that was on the sign-up sheet. He couldn't pick something cheap and easy like CHIPS...nope...he is like his mother and wanted to do treat bags. So we went to Target and he picked out the bags and all the goodies that went in them. Then he put the Easter grass in them, made cards for EACH bag in which he colored an egg and wrote his name, filled all the eggs, and sorted out all the prizes...for those of you that know me well....you know this kid is JUST like me!
My mom at her last treatment!
Mom and her sister Zelly:-)
My aunt Zell, her best friends Bev and Deb, and then Mom
Mom and her friends....they were a HUGE support system for her...I love all you guys for being there for my mom when I couldn't be.
The flowers from Kris, me, Alec, and Kayla for my mom on her BIG day!

17 comments:
We are SOOO glad to hear that your mom is FINISHED with her treatment and is a SURVIVOR!!! God answered our prayers! LOVE the Easter pictures...eventhough you had the same agony that we did:( I just wish just ONCE we could have pictures that I was totally happy with. They still turned out cute! I love the Easter wardrobes for the kids! Hope you have a Happy Easter... maybe the Easter Bunny will come in Santa's sleigh:(
What wonderful news!!! I'm sure your whole family is glad that your mom is done with her treatments!!
And great Easter pictures - even Alec!!
Happy Easter! Please give your mom our best and tell her we said CONGRATULATIONS!!
This is wonderful news!! I am so glad your mom is finished with treatments and has beat cancer!! Her bravery and strength is an inspiration to all women!!
The pics of your kiddos are adorable!! Hope they have a Very Happy Easter!!
Robyn
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR MOM!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
d:D
Congratulations to your Mom!! That is awesome news!
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.I am sure that with the great news of your mom it will be even more special! I love all of the pics and am in awe of how fast time flies and how quickly the kiddos grow! They are adorable!
Congrats to your mom! What an awesome accomplishment!
Kerri and Ruby
CONGRATULATIONS Mindy's Mom!!!!
You look beautiful!
I am so happy for you that your treatments are finished. What a great Easter gift.
Hooray!
CONGRATULATIONS CHERYL !!!!
We are so so so happy you are done with all of your treatments. I knew you could make it...Mindy you always have my shoulder to cry on...I know how it feels to have a parent have cancer. It is not a feeling you can describe to someone who has not been there...I love you girl !!!
That is great news about your Mom. Congratulations!!!
Love the easter pictures!! Kayla's hair is so long...I love it!!
Sharon
A big WOOHOO for your mom !! The pics turned out adorable !!
What great news -- your mom is truly so, so amazing!! love your family pics and hope you all have such a WONDERFUL Easter!!!
I am soooooo happy to hear that your mom is A SURVIVOR! What a beautiful relief for Easter :) The pics are GREAT. Your family is always beautiful! Hugs of happiness to you!!!
Mrs. J is the best, she is definitely a woman I look up to and just smile. If there were only more women like her in life. She is truly amazing. I haven't even met her, but she's touched my heart in many different ways. She is so beautiful, inside and out. CONGRATS Mrs. J. God bless you always.
Mindy your Easter pics weren't that bad, but I understand when you don't like them, it stinks. Especially if you paid a lot of good $$ for them! Hope your home pics come out better. :)
Love ya
Mel
What wonderful news to celebrate this Easter! God works miracles everyday!
Hi! Long time, no write, sorry. I needed to let you know that even tho I am busy, I still check your blog from time to time. I am teared up about your Mom. What you all just went through is an amazing journey. Give your Mom our love. I still feel so connected to you even tho we are far and life is busy. Alec is looking older and Mikayla(Daddy;s girl..) is BEAUTIFUL. Look at her long hair!
Well, I hope to post pics soon. I am on a working stretch now, plus selling on ebay, unpacking, etc.
Take care, Kerry
Praise God!
Post a Comment