Monday, March 3, 2008

Some this and that again....

Wow....what a terrible blogger I have been lately. I have just been so busy with school and other stuff that I got really, really behind! Well lets see....

Right after we came back from The Falls Alec came down with Bronchitis. He was pretty sick and Kris had to take him down to the ER one night because he was so sick. He is much better now, after taking some meds, but now Mikayla has it. She doesn't have it AS bad...but she still is sick. Kris and I , thankfully, are NOT sick. But Mikayla is getting better as of today it seemed.

My midterms were right before we left on vacation and so those are done and over with. I have A's in both classes. So that's good. I have been talking with the coordinator who does the student teaching placements and she is going to TRY to get me in at a school close by since I have two children to get to two separate places in the morning. Some people get placed as far away as Akron, which would be a good hour drive for me one way with morning traffic. So that would just NOT be good. I won't find out my placement until sometime this summer though.

Mikayla has been having some real trouble eating lately. Her molars have moved more frontwards and she is having a very hard time chewing her food. I am going to have to set up another appointment with the Pediatric Dentist because I don't know what to do. She has stopped eating a lot of her favorite foods because it seems to bother her to eat and she is really "mutilating" all of her food...it's really hard to explain but she has no bottom molars in the back therefore she can't chew in the back of her mouth like you and I do...so she chews with her front teeth and you can't really do that since they are sharp teeth, not big teeth like molars.

So our EI coordinator called and said that feeding and eating issues move children up on the waiting list to get services and so we should be getting Mikayla in for therapy in 4-6 weeks. I just finished up the last of the paperwork and sent it in 3 weeks ago so this is not too bad of a wait. I am pleased. They are sending out a Feeding Team to our house sometime soon to evaluate her eating problems and issues and make recommendations and suggestions. I just feel bad for her, I don't know what to do to help her and she needs something because she is starting to lose weight. Add THESE eating issues topped with loooong list of foods she can't eat because of her milk allergies and we have some major problems to address.

She is, however, really picking up more and more words, although they are not real understandable. She is coming along and I think the speech therapy will really give her the push that she needs right now.

Alec is doing great lately! Alec is just a great kid. He is full of life and even more full of love. His compassion towards others is truly amazing. He is now writing all his letters both uppercase and lowercase and can tell you the sounds that each letter makes. We have begun working on sight words with him and he has about 10 of them down. He wants to learn to read so I have decided to teach him...even though originally I wasn't going to push it. He is more then ready so I figured "why not!?" He really loves his preschool class and it reaffirms that our decision to hold him back from Kindergarten this year was the right one. I think he will be so much more ready socially now. We take him to register for Kindergarten the beginning of April. I will cry...yup....I will. My little boy has grown up and it makes me soooooo sad. But I am so proud of the young boy that he has become. I am so blessed to be his mother...I couldn't ask for a more amazing son to call my own.

As for Kris and I...well...I don't know. LOL. I went Thursday and had my "spa day" that Kris got me for my Birthday/Christmas. I had a facial and then had my hair cut. I was FREAKED out after the haircut because she cut my layers on the sides pretty short...just under my ear. EEEEEEK. But she didn't take much off the length...because I told her I would cry and I truly WOULD have. I love my hair long. Now that I am used to it I really like it but I did get really upset about it the first night. I will have Kris take a picture of it this week sometime and I will post it on here.

Kris has been up to nothing new...just work! About 2 months ago we finally found a church that we like and have been going every since. I do like the church, they are a little more traditional then Kris and I are used to (we are used to more contemporay music and services) but we are OK with it because we really like the pastor. One of Kris' good friends at work, his wife's brother IS the pastor. So his family obviously attends the church and Alec is friends with their boys. So this is how we FINALLY got Alec to go to his Sunday School class that he has been WAAAAY too shy to go to for several years now. He would cry and scream...similar to how he was at preschool at first. But now he goes back with no problem as long as he can sit by his friends. LOL. Alec LOVES it and is so full of questions and curiosity. The other day I was doing my make-up and I heard him PRAYING downstairs and I will end the post with his prayer....

"Dear Jesus up in heaven, I am just going to say a prayer to ask you to go ahead and come on into my heart. It's OK...you can just come on into my heart now. OK Jesus? I want to go to heaven and I drew you a beautiful picture that when I die I am going to give to you. So come in...this is Alec...amen"


RANDOM PICTURES FROM TONIGHT
Daddy and Kayla
Alec hugging Mikayla...she will kiss him back
Feeding her baby!
Mom....no pictures!
Seriously
Hey...anyone need this bottle?
GOOD...because I am NOT giving it up!
My handsome little BOY
SAM...he got LOOSE last night and we spent over and hour looking for him in the freezing cold DARK. Kris took Plato out and they FINALLY found him. I was near tears. What would we have DONE!? Thankfully Kris and Plato found him!


10 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I will be praying for Mikayla! Bless her heart.

That is the sweetest prayer! To hear it come from a child just makes it so simple. What a witness!

Andrea

Kate said...

OH Alec!!! That just melted my heart!! I hope Mikayla is feeling better soon, poor little girl:) I love all the pictures!!HUGS

Our Family of 5 said...

Cute Pics. Glad you found your "Peagle" lol

Blessed Mommy said...

how incredibly precious -- your son just has the sweetest heart!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Oh my goodness, how awesome was that prayer!!! Oh so sweet from such a sweet boy! Glad to know your classes are going well. Hope Mikayla feels better soon!

Melissa De Mers said...

that prayer from alec....PRICELESS! i love it!! what a sweetheart. i love his heart! :) they are SO cute at this age right????

i am interested in hearing what the people tell you to do w/mikayla and her teeth issues. keep us posted!

love ya,
mel

Katie said...

Wow .. you have been busy !! I can't believe how long Mikaylas hair is ... it is gorgeous !!

Jaime said...

I haven't seen your blog since we were both waiting to bring our angels home. Mikayla was only a baby and now is a big girl!!! She is sooo beautiful, your family is precious.

Rebecca said...

That was a very touching prayer from Alex!!! I know you are proud of him!!

I can't wait to see your new haircut. Hurry up and post the pics. ;-))

Hugs, Rebecca and Zachary

Becca said...

That is the sweetest prayer. Awesome.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca