Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Been SEVEN Years Baby!

Well....yesterday was our 7 Year Anniversary....Seven years ON the 7th:-) I just can't believe it's been seven years already!! So total years together is now 8. So here is the story for those that don't know it and if you do....just skip it:-)

Kris and I met, thanks to my aunt, at church. I was going through a, lets just say "rough patch" in my life, and she kept begging me to visit her church. She was persistent! And eventually I went. It was there that I met my husband:-) He had just gotten out of the Air Force a few months prior to meeting me and I was NOT looking for another man. I was dead set that I was on a hiatus from men. Him included. But....he was persistent too and I couldn't resist just going out a few times with him. Like, a few times in the matter of a week. And then, well, I was quickly sucked in and we became a "couple" on Easter Sunday 2000.

Kris was the one to say the "L" word first...it took me a bit longer because I had been hurt before. He told me he would wait for me...it was his patience that made me realize he was different. We became inseparable (those of you who know us well know that's STILL the case). It was the best summer of my life. We had so much fun and we were pathetic. If we were apart we were talking on the phone or AOL IM'ing each other. Oh....those days. Sleep, who needed it? I was in LOVE. It was great. It's STILL great.

In July he was offered the job up here at Sheriff's Office as a Corrections Officer (he's now a Deputy of course). He took it and I was DEVASTATED. Canton was 1.5 hours from my house. How would I SURVIVE (come on people, put yourself back in those newly in love days). He asked me to marry him in August. I said....Ummm..YES. Count the months...five. It took us five months and we were ready to walk down the aisle. I kept myself busy with wedding plans while he worked and he came home on the weekends to see me (no, we didn't live together before getting married...it's not something either one of us wanted to do).

The months flew by and before I knew it I was packing my stuff up to move out of the house for the very first time, to be on my own, and to be MARRIED. I was just 21 and Kris was 23.

Our wedding day was bright, sunny, warm, and beautiful. We got married in the place where we first laid eyes on each other, our church. Everyone told me to get married in a better "weather" month but I wasn't waiting. And neither was he.

Kris and I got married on the one year anniversary of our very first date. So that's why I say we have been married 7 years, together for 8.

I won't lie and tell you that our marriage has had it's ups and downs for us, because it hasn't. It has always been UP for us. Of course there were roadblocks (i.e. infertility) but we faced that together and came out ahead. Kris and I are really one of those annoying couples that can't stand to be apart, do everything together, and talk on the phone even when he is at work. I can honestly say that he is my other half and it's not just words, it's the TRUTH. I couldn't ask for a more amazing husband, or a better marriage for that fact. I totally don't mean to brag, because I hate that, but it's our anniversary (OK yesterday was) and I feel like I am allowed to today.

So what did we do? HAH..nothing. I had class in the morning and Kris had work. He came home and I left to go BACK to school for my night class. I came home and he and the kids went out and bought me flowers for our anniversary and Kris bought me a new shirt that I love. I also bought him a new golf shirt that he had been wanting. We told each other we were NOT to get each other anything at all. How crazy is it that we ended up getting each other the same thing?? LOL. That's just how we are...we think alike TOO much sometimes.

Kris~Can you believe it? Seven years? And we are still crazy in love like day one. "Why am I so in love with you?" LOL...that's the quote of a lifetime now, isn't it? You weren't even WATCHING the movie that night...you were staring at me! Getting up the nerve to say that to me, weren't you? You knew I would come around. Now look at us...seven years and just as happy as ever. I do miss the bike! Those days may be gone but there are so many more ahead of us. We have our whole life and we just keep filling it up with great memories and happy times. Love you...you are my other half and the only one that reciprocates my craziness. May the laughter over things like Red Feathers, El Dorado's, and Bagpipes continue...just don't drink your pop when I say them...then you won't be spitting it all over the car in laughter. LOVE YOU! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

This was our very FIRST picture together taken on Easter Sunday 2000
Being goofy, as usual, at a wedding

Ignore the date on the picture, it's wrong. LOL.
First of MANY Indians Games (I made him grow his hair out and he HATED it but did it for me.) He shaved it TWO weeks after we got married and hasn't grown it out again...I like it better shaved. What was I thinking?

Yes, we still act like this...I just weigh more now!
Another wedding...
I got very, very sick right after Kris said the "L" word. I was in the hospital for over a week with severe complications from a kidney infection....which you guys know ALL about my kidney issues. It got so bad that I became incoherent at one time and was actually transported to another hospital when my kidneys and liver started shutting down. Who was there EVERY day and even basically quit his job at the time???? You guessed it. He rarely left my side. And we had only been together for two months! This is when I knew....he was the one. If I let him go I was crazy.
Oh the baseball games...like father like son! We must have rode the bike to the game because I have one of your long-sleeved t-shirts on:-)
WE HAVE AN APARTMENT! LOL. This was the day we moved in, or I should say Kris moved in. But I started moving my stuff in little by little before the wedding.
The following are Wedding pictures and they are ALL out of order...sorry


"you may kiss the bride"
Walking into the reception...OMG did I love my wedding day...it was everything I wanted
Just me:-) So young....only 21!

OK I hated this train on my dress. YUCK.
One of my favorite pictures
Another Favorite
OK...maybe this is my favorite? I can't decide...LOL.
THE BIRD SEED! If you are planning a wedding do NOT go with bird seed. I wanted to be all traditional and UGH...I had bird seed all down my dress AND in my hair. It looks cool in this picture though! Isn't it so dumb how you run out of the church and act like you are leaving and then go back in and take pictures? How retarded it that. LOL.
The following April...our ONE year anniversary...AND...Five months pregnant with Alec...YUP..we wanted a family quick. We just "felt it" and now we know it was God because had we not had the urge to start a family, we would have never been able to have a child of our own. I get teared up just thinking of what my life would be without Alec.
Five Months Pregnant:-) Trust me....I got HUGE...to the tune of 200 pounds. LOL.

FAST FORWARD!!!!!!!!!!! Kris, just look at us now! Who would have ever though that 7 years later this is where we would have ended up!? So many twists and turns and we have loved them all, haven't we? Our children are our WORLD!

This was taken in December, by photographer Alec Michael, and yes, he (Alec) sees this all the time. I think it's great. His parents are in love!
Seven years and still as happy as ever....thanks for reading this (if you did) while I reminisced, got all mushy and sappy and such. :-)

19 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Mindy - Happy Anniversary, this is such a beautiful story!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on 7 years! That is so awesome! It is great to see two people so in love!
~Elizabeth

Steve & Amy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Thanks for sharing your story! You look more in love now than in the dating pictures:) What a special bond and love you have that I can see you passing to Alec & Kayla. It is so refreshing to see two people in love and so HAPPY! To many more years!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is about the sweetest post ever. You guys are too cute! Happy anniversary!
NiCole

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You two inspire me to keep looking for my true love! One day I hope to be as happy as you. Carolyn and Olivia

Natalie C. said...

Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful family.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours is the 20th. April was a good month! :)

Andrea

Jay and Jamie Dalton said...

I found your blog through Andrea! This is such a sweet post, and congratulations on your anniversary!

Jamie Dalton

Monique said...

Happy Anniversary. What a great story. It is the best feeling in the world when you truly marry your best friend. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. The pictures are great. you guys look good!

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a beautiful and romantic life!! Thank you for sharing it, I love reading stories like this. There really are not enough people that speak up about how happy and in love they are. And I love your weding pictures, it looks like it was a perfect day.

Mama Bunny said...

I'm using a Nikon D50 with a 50mm 1.8 lens. I shoot in manual.. the indoor shots are usually taken at either a 60 speed or 100 with a 1.8 aperature - no flash. I also have one of the settings on sharp instead of normal - i think it spruces them up. My ISO really varies. I try to keep it on a 200 or 400, but sometimes I push it to 800. In the instances where I have it on 800, I make sure her face is toward the light or else I'm going to get a whole lot of noise. Then when I upload them, I edit them in Adobe Elements 6.0. Instead of using the brightness/contrast option, I use the levels option. There are three 'things' (lol) that you move to make the pictures, brighter, darker, etc. I mostly use the dark bar, and the light bar. If there is a dark picture (her face) I use the middle bar/thing to make it lighter along with the other bars. This helps the colors to POP - which I love! Hope this helps :)

Becca said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures. You're blessed.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

veggiemom said...

Happy anniversary!
Kerri and Ruby

Jaime said...

Happy Anniversary Mindy and Kris! I loved all of the pictures! You two are such a wonderful couple and so cute together. Here's to many more years to come!

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

What a great story! Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more to come!

Our Adoption Process said...

Mindy, Happy Anniversary to you and Kris. I enjoy your writing so much. You are such a beautiful person. Reading what you wrote stirs up so much of what George and I have/had/have been through. We were 23 and 24 and you know the rest. I have a problem being so open on my blog but share so much with you.
Thanks for sharing. You have a gift!
Love, Kerry...George, Bryan and Maya

Pineapple Princess said...

Happy anniversary!

Stacy

Heidi said...

Congrats on your anniversary! That is so wonderful that you are in love as ever and you have the most beautiful children.