When I brought her home she started crying in pain so much that she threw up and refused to drink anything. I was so upset. I got home at 4:30 and she cried until 5:45 am when she finally settled down in our bed and went to sleep until 6:45 am. At this time she woke up...as in...for the day...and was inconsolable until 8:00 am. So at this point I call my mom HYSTERICAL asking her what to do for the party. I have been planning this party for months...I am so into my parties...I love to plan and do special things for them. She said we were DOING it, that Mikayla's ears were obviously infected since she was not sick and that it was just going to be what it was going to be.
Sooooo.....I get in the shower, and run to pick up the party platter and balloons and head over to decorate. Notice that I never went to bed...nope...no sleep for Mindy! At this point I had been up for over 24 hours. I came home to help Kris get Mikayla ready and she was in MELTDOWN MODE. We gave her a bath, which we HAD to do, and I said FORGET trying to dry her hair to wear it down....girl it is a PONY TAIL day for you.
FIVE and I mean FIVE minutes before we left the house she quit crying. It was like magic. Seriously. We headed to her party where she acted like NOTHING happened, that she had NOT been up all night. She smiled at everyone, laughed, twirled in her dress, and had the best day. Can you believe that? OMG.
So her party was a hit! It is a MIRACLE people. She was able to celebrate with all her close friends and family. It was just a beautiful party and Mikayla was truly being the "belle of the ball." Her theme was cupcakes. I loved how it all turned out. Well...I need to go. She is crying:-( It's midnight here. Poor thing. OH...I guess I do need to say that before the TERRIBLE storms hit here AFTER her party Kris took her down to Statcare and it IS her ears. Both of them are still infected and she is now on her THIRD round of antibiotics to get rid of this. They put her on Zithromax. She crashed after the party hard...it was like for those 2.5 brief hours she got a break and then it was back to being sick. Thank you God for allowing my princess to enjoy her party! I am off to comfort my sick baby.....
My suckers:-)
Tableware
Kris and Joe making the punch in the kitchen
Big Brother was a big help in getting everything ready for the party!See the book on the side? It's The Secret Birthday Message by Eric Carle (one of my favorite children's authors). Everyone signed a birthday wish on the inside cover for Mikayla.
Two candles lit!
Yup, she blew them out on her own!
Christian LOVED watching the cake part:-)Thanks everyone that came and helped make it such a beautiful special day!!!! Thanks dad for taking the pictures (and Gina too for the extra's you sent to me!) Thank you mom for all of your help decorating and to Diane who helped keep me sane back at my house by helping!! I really appreciated that. And thank you Gina...you are always a huge help with everything I do...


13 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that Mikayla got sick but I am glad she was ok for her party.
Girl you look good going on no sleep. I would have been propped in a corner somewhere. ;)
You do what you have to for your kids don't you?!?!?!?!?!
Andrea
How awful for your poor girl (and you). Glad she's okay and your party was a success.
Kerri and Ruby
So glad she was able to enjoy her party! I hope the meds start working soon. Ear infections are the WORST!
We had an AWESOME time! Thanks for inviting us to share Mikayla's special day!!
Wow! I bet that's a birthday you'll never forget!
It looks like a wonderful party!!
Happy Birthday, Mikayla!!
What a fun time...Your right I did not realize how much taller than you I was until I saw the picture..We are going to stretch your legs girlfriend..LOL..I look like a giant..LOL...I hope Mikayla starts feeling better soon...
OMG what a day!!! Poor Mama, poor Mikayla! I am glad that she was able to enjoy her party. It looks like everyone had a great time. I love all the decorations & favors...you are so crafty!! Praying that Mikayla get better soon and that you get some much needed rest!!
Aww Mindy, I just LOVE the cupcake theme! Where did you get all of the supplies for it? You are so creative :)
What a fun party! And you go girl staying up all night and still throwing such a great party. Mikayla looks adorable in the pictures. I hope her ear infection is cleared and shes feeling better. Oh and love the cupcake theme, too cute!
Have a great week!
Stacey
I am so LATE but Happy Birthday Beautiful girl!!!! I am so glad youh got to enjoy your party . I love all the pics and I am so jealous we don't live closer. I hope she is feeling better!
What an awesome b-day party! I'm glad she is feeling better and was able to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the party with us!!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
Hi I googled cupcake birthday's and your blog was one of the first hits that came up. The party was so precious and I am thinking of doing the same theme for my little one's first. Where did you get the suckers? They are so cute and I'd love to do the same.
Kids are just amazing!! So glad the party came out so good. I too am doing a cupcake theme party for my daughter's party this year. I love your tableware you used. Would you mind telling me where you got it?
Post a Comment