Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WOW...total craziness around here...

Balancing everything around here has been a real challenge for me lately. My school hours are all over the place, Mikayla has therapy/EI twice a week, Kris has been working side jobs that are at all kinds of odd times, Alec in Kindergarten and making sure I can get him to school before I get to class. IT'S INSANE AROUND HERE.

I am obviously super busy with school this semester. I have already started my clinical hours at my first placement in Massillon. It's going OK. There are some differences between teaching styles and classroom management between my cooperating teacher and I. I am trying to make this the best that I can though. For the past two weeks Mikayla has been sick and is now at her sickest point. So sick that she got ME sick, of course. I came down with it bad on Monday night and have been miserable ever since. I finally feel like today I may be coming around a little though. Hopefully I am because I still have a very busy week ahead of me.

Alec got hit in the eye with a rock last week. It was HORRIBLE. One of his "friends" down the street threw a rock at him! He came in the house crying hysterically and bleeding. His right eye was nearly swollen shut. I was IRATE let me tell you what. The boys mom came up and apologized but I think the boy should have. Alec was in so much pain for several days from it. It is finally clearing up, just in time for school pictures next week. I know boys will be boys but there was NO excuse for this in my opinion. It was just BAD...trust me..I have left out a lot of the details.

On Saturday we were supposed to go down to south to see my grandma and grandpa. Thankfully Mikayla was sick and we couldn't go because HURRICANE IKE moved in with a FURY let me tell you what. The winds were topping 70 MPH around the area and there were trees and power lines down everywhere. It was one the worst wind storms ever recorded in Ohio history. I can tell you I have NEVER experienced anything like that and I am so thankful we were not driving in those conditions. It's a three hour drive to their house one way. We lost power and cable off and on the entire day and night and they even cancelled school on Monday! It was bad. Amazing that it could pack that much of a punch this far inland!

So we are all just trying to get better around here. Things are crazy, like I said, but I will update as much as I can:-)

Here is a picture of Mikayla. She saw me pull out the camera and this is what she did. So...no pictures today! LOL.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there Mindy...Know we are here to support you:) Talk soon!
Love,
Jen

Madelyn's Mommy said...

First of all I know all about the side jobs that come with a cop. Being married to a cop is really HARD! Alot of times I feel like a single mother. But I know it comes with the job. The crazy hours never really bothered me until Madi came home. So I feel your pain.

And second of all how did you hold your composure when your little boy came in bleeding from having a rock thrown at him??? You go girl! You had all the right to be irate.

Miss the pictures but I understand how crazy life can get!

Love ya
Andrea

Jaime said...

Wow, sounds like you are one busy mama! That is horrible about Alec...poor guy. The pic is cute of Mikayla. That has been Lincoln's reaction with the camera lately. You'll have to stop by my blog when you get a chance and read up on our new updates...I won't say much but it has to do with the baby! Take care and I will check back shortly!

Steve & Amy said...

Oh Mindy! Poor Alec! How terrible to have that happen to him! I know what you went through seeing your child bleeding & in pain (we were at the ER monday and ethan left with 6 stiches:( There is no excuse for anyone to throw rocks! I pray that that situation has a happy ending! Poor Mikayla..praying that she gets feeling better soon! Sounds like things are crazy there! Hopefully soon things will settle down...you have pumpkin patches & apple orchards to visit:)

Tara said...

Holy Biscuits, Mind! You have had one heck of a week! Sending hugs to everyone at your house and extra hugs to you for keeping it all in check :)

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

hey girl, just checking in on ya! WOW you are super busy and Gabs totally does the dodging the camera thing too now :)and I'm praying for little Alec. Thats scary! I sometimes get more emotional than Gabby when she gets hurt. I just can't help myself!