Monday, November 3, 2008

It's time to VOTE!

I pondered if I would write about the election at all. If you read my blog, you know that I quietly endorsed McCain without saying a word about it on my sidebar. I didn't want to bring politics into my blog-land but today I decided to throw that out the window because after all, this is my blog, it's about me and my family, and therefore it's about what we do and what we believe.

Kris and I were both raised very conservative. Marrying a man that held the same political beliefs as me was very important because my values and beliefs are a big part of who I am, and even though I haven't brought them to my blog, I am very outspoken about what I think. However, I am never offensive and never try to change minds. I don't believe in mind-changing. I believe in healthy discussion and firmly believe that every single American is 100% entitled to their opinions, even if they differ from mine (and they often do).

I first want to thank my mom. At a very, very young age my mom would sit me down at the kitchen table and talk politics with me. She would bring up simple issues and ask me what I thought. She never pushed her ideals on me, she simply fostered my own thoughts and ideals. And trust me, my mom and I disagree sometimes, rarely, but sometimes. Kris was raised to be conservative as well. He has very young memories of going with his mom to picket specific issues. It is true that our upbringing helps shape our adulthood. It sure has mine and it has Kris too.

Tomorrow we will go the polls, proudly wearing red, and cast our vote for McCain/Palin. Never in my life have I been this enthused or this in agreement with a candidate. I have been watching politics for months and months for hours on end, researching each candidate to no end, and will cast my vote tomorrow knowing FULL WELL what I am voting for.

While the vast majority of my friends and even my family are liberal/democrats(My mom and Dad are Republican though), I stand strong in what I believe and do not waver. And my best friend can attest to that:-)

I will be praying tomorrow for our great country. This is a huge decision and despite what everyone is concentrating on, goes far beyond Economic Policy.

So regardless of your candidate, go vote! It's your right, your privilege! This election is one made of history, one I am proud to have been a part of, and one I have fought for.

And remember, you may not agree with my politically, and that's OK! I just hope that you take it upon yourself to face the long lines and make your voice heard!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN i hear ya!!!!! I didnt really want to throw it out there (its not the Republican way! LOL) We say how we feel and dont try to change others minds like some Obama suporters have tried to do to me and others!!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Its a great thing to be a American!!! I love it!

Hope to meet you soon,Leslie
p.S damn Rain at the zoo i wasnt going to take abby out in the cold! Damn it!

Megan said...

Go McCain Go! I completely agree with you! It is a huge decision and I wish people would truly undertand WHO they are voting for!! Happy Election Day!

Vanessa said...

I too will be praying for our great nation as we vote in the next president!!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Your right this election does go far beyond Economic Policy.

I have voted and like you I voted red.

Have a great day and I know you like me will be watching with anticipation tonight.

Andrea

Blessed Mommy said...

we are so blessed to have the freedom to vote!! Go McCain/Palin!!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Right there with ya girl. Rob and I couldn't be any more conservative in our beliefs!