Today was the big day! Wow...it seems like only yesterday that I was posting pictures for our summer picnic. The time is flying by way to fast lately! We had 16 families that came this year, a few couldn't make it today because of the flu and bad weather (it REALLY snowed here today). It was so much fun. I just love doing this for the kids. When planning these events, I always look forward to seeing it all come together and then seeing the joy on the children's faces. I have so many great friends that are a part of this group. Friends that I will have for life! Adoption has filled my life with so much happiness that extends far beyond the boundaries of motherhood!
I have to thank Gina, Tara, Jen D., Jen K., and
NiCole for their help in the planning of this party. After the summer picnic I told Gina it was time to "extend" and therefore I asked a few members of the group who had previously expressed interest to help and we created a board. Everyone really helped out and the end result you will see in the pictures below!
The food was great, the laughter was wonderful, and the smiles were adorable. As always, the balloons were a huge hit, as was the craft table for some of the kids...and Santa! Well, there were about four children that were NOT having it with Santa at ALL. You will see those pictures below:-) I also donated an art table to be raffled off and we raised $45 for our Mayan Families Sponsorship Students this way! So awesome!!!
Thank you for all of you that came that read this blog. We hope that you had a wonderful time! We do this for you and for your children! I am looking forward to seeing everyone again in a few months!
I am not going to label all the pictures, just some:-)



Tony and Alec were one of the first in line...it was too cute.

The kids loved the crafts this year:-)




The gift table with all the gifts for Santa to give the children and all the gifts for exchanges. We did a holiday towel exchange and an ornament exchange.

Cookies and the information about our Mayan Families Students

Some of the party planners!
NiCole, Gina, Me, and Jen K....OH....and Isabella too!
The pictures below are of all the kids. I TRIED to get pictures of all the kids...so I apologize if your child isn't on here!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
7 comments:
This is the best Christmas present ever to see everyone together and enjoying such a happy day. It seems like yesterday I was looking at the pictures from last years party. How these children are growing up so fast. I enjoyed the pictures so much and pray that you all continue this for many years to come. May the friendships continue to carry you through the days and years ahead. Can you imagine going to these kids weddings someday and to remember back to these days! I am so glad you have this group and these friendships. Those are the things that money can never buy.
Mom
Love looking at all the pictures. Wish we could've come...but the snow would've prevent us anyway. Oh how I wish we lived closer.
We all had a great time! I love seeing the kids and how they change and grow from gathering to gathering. They are beginning to play and run around together more and it warms my heart! Can't wait for the next party -- I hope Valentine's Day...
Wow!!! Looks like fun!
TRUELY SAD WE MISSED OUT! LOOKS LIKE TONS OF FUN.
THE GIBBS GANG
Looks like you all had a great time!!
OMG i love all the pics of the Christmas party!!! We were out of town that weekend..I swear next year im meeting you!!!!
I love all the cute Gymbo and other holiday outfits the kids have on!!! CUTE!
Hugs,Leslie
Post a Comment