Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolution: NO MORE DOCTORS!!!!

I mentioned in my last blog entry, or maybe the one before, that Mikayla has been suffering from yet another ear infection. Well, the first round of antibiotics didn't knock it out, and neither did this last, MUCH stronger round. Because she has tubes the drainage has been unreal and so, so gross. Our AWESOME Pedi wanted to see her today so in we went. He took one look and said "well....here we go with the Rocepherin Shots (sp) again." UUUGGGGHHHH. I hate these shots. They hurt her SO bad and today she got a double dose, one in each leg. After you get them you have to wait 20 minutes to be seen because this is a very strong medication and can cause adverse reactions. Well, her one shot site was very red, swollen, and tender. She cried the entire 20 minutes and the only thing that calmed her down was me singing to her. He looked at it and had us stay another 20 minutes to be safe. It was determined they hit a blood vessel directly when they gave her the shot so now it is very swollen and bruised. We were at the Pedi for TWO HOURS and it was a long two hours. We didn't get home until 7:00 pm! We have to go back in tomorrow for another shot and will likely return New Years Day for a third. Last time she had to have five total. And to top it all off.....she had to have a whole slew of bloodwork drawn yesterday for something else they are looking into, along with an x-ray. I honestly feel like I spend more time with her at the DR then in my own home!!! Please pray for my sweetheart. She keeps telling me "boo boo ear hurt." (Which is great speech for her by the way!)

Tomorrow we head up to Joe and Gina'a for New Years Eve so I will have LOTS of pictures from that either tomorrow night or Thursday. Have a GREAT New Years everyone! Be safe and have fun!!

Miss. Trooper! Here she is tonight after one long day!
This is Kris' mom and dad, Diane and Mike, with all of their grandchildren
Alec, Tyler, Chelsea, Mikayla, and Jaelyn

Cousins!

Mmmm....popcorn!

Jaelyn...she is TOO CUTE!

Sammy...our Puggle

Mikayla the other night after her bath

Silly Girl

Bathtime!
These pictures got deleted somehow from my last post and I didn't realize it until after I had posted. So here are a few more from my mom and dads house.
Alec opening his Speed Racer DVD set...he loved it! Thanks Sandy!


Mikayla when she first realized she got an Elmo Live

Mikayla trying to pick up her Sit N Spin...she LOVED it. She kept saying OPEN OPEN OPEN!

Trying hard to figure it out. Ummm...you SIT n Spin Mikayla...not STAND and Spin:-)

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Ouch! I hope that you don't have anymore Dr. visits in 2009!!! Your visit today sounds horrible for the both of you. I hope she is feeling better soon. Too funny about the sit n' spin, Isabela stands on hers too.

-Jaimee

Anonymous said...

I have so been there with you and the rocephin injections. We've never had to get two in one day but one for three days in a row is bad enough. I cry with her when she gets them because I know they really hurt. I hope Mikayla's ears clear up. We too went trough getting tubes but Olivia's only had one ear infection (nasty, like you said) since she's had them. They've now fallen out so we sit and wait to see what happens.

I think you're children are just beautiful. I read your blog often but don't post much.

Happy new year!