Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forever Family Day!!!

First, I apologize for being sooooo behind on blogging but our life is much different now then it was a month ago!

Today was our 2nd Forever Family Day. Mikayla was placed in our arms forever two years ago today on January 27th, 2007. It honestly does seem like just yesterday that we sat in that lobby at the Marriott anxiously awaiting her arrival. I can remember every single detail of it. It was so emotional. The thoughts, and apprehension, all of it.....but mostly....the shear excitement and joy of finally being reunited with our daughter. And this time...it was for FOREVER.

From the day Mikayla entered our lives on June 30th, 2006 when she was referred to us, she has been an absolute joy and total blessing. It's amazing we found her, and she found us, and we forever became a family in one of the most unconventional and odd of ways. I mean, not many people become a family in a hotel lobby! I know so many of you also remember that day so well. The details that will forever be engraved in your memory and heart. They are amazing....and I treasure each and every one of them.

Mikayla Faith ~ You are such a joy to us. We couldn't be more proud of the little girl that you are. You always make us smile with your silly ways and feisty personality. Mommy, daddy, and bubby love you more than we can ever even say. You are and always will be our little princess.
Reality set in when we walked up to immigration in Guatemala. The hot, sticky air hits you hard and fast and as you walk out onto the tarmac from the plane and you just realize...your child is close by. You are here...and your dream has now become the reality you spent months hoping for.
This was our first family picture. Not the greatest, I had the camera on the wrong setting, but this picture is priceless to me. Words can't describe it...they just can't.

Antigua. Oh what a beautiful place to be. Our entire pick up trip felt like a dream...it was that perfect. Storybook perfect.

Embassy Day...brother and sister at last. He loves her with all his heart and she loves him just as much.

Goodbye Guatemala....you will forever hold a special place in our hearts but we are headed home...to the United States of America...where we will begin our new lives together...as a family.

I will update everyone on what has been going on in our house in a day or so...that I promise. We have had some scary moments lately with Mikayla and that was one reason I refrained from blogging. More on that tomorrow. And...an update on my life as a student teacher. We are in the middle of a MASSIVE snow storm here...so I am doing the snow day dance:-)

Goodnight everyone!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mikayla Faith,
We love you so much sweetheart. How our lives have all changed for the better since you stepped into it. God gave us a little angel on earth. Just like mommy said, you will always be our little princess.
Our love forever and ever,
Grandma and PaPa

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Memories you will cherish FOREVER! We sure do (March 21, 2006).

Jenny and Matt said...

What a great 2 years, huh?
Happy Forever Family Day Ousleys!

Jen said...

Mindy and Kris,
Boy, do I remember when you guys came home... Enjoy the "Snow Day!:)"
Happy "Forever Day" Kayla!
Love,
Jen

theonewhere said...

wow..time flies!

brook :)

Jaimee said...

Awwww, your post brought tears to my eyes. Happy 2nd Forever Family Day. Soooo cool, that's what we call our day too!

-Jaimee

EB said...

Time sure has flown by! Happy Forever Day!!!

Jaime said...

Happy Forever Family Day!! I remember it like it was yesterday...our babies are growing up! *sigh* Isn't it great?! I have been waiting to see new pics of of those cute kiddos of yours. You must be one busy mama. We are celebrating Lincoln's Family Day this Saturday. On the 6th it will be 2 years for us as well...and then on the 9th we will be welcoming Everett into the world!! (induction) Be sure to check on us for all of the photos-to-be! Take care. Lv, Jaime

veggiemom said...

Happy, happy family day!!!

Jenna said...

cngrats!! What a beautiful family!