Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another visit with my parents!

I went down to Mansfield again to visit my mom....and dad of course. I am trying to go down there as much as I can and Wednesdays are a good day since Kris works a 12 hour shift. We had a very nice visit, as always, and some of my moms friends and mine stopped by to bring my a dinner for my mom and dad! Panera Bread! Thank you Tiffany..that was amazingly thoughtful of you to do that. Truly! Alec was thrilled to see his friend Raegan and they were able to hang out a little while together. She is such a sweetie!

Mikayla actually TOOK A NAP in a NEW environment today. I was thrilled because that means she is almost ready for us to leave her for a night with my mom and dad. Kris and I have been wanting a "night away" somewhere for months and I think Mikayla is just about ready for it. She was upset at first but she was so tired. I took her up and put her in the crib and after about 2o minutes she fell asleep and slept for almost 1.5 hours. I was so happy!

Here are some pictures:-) Love the cooler fall weather!

Alec and Raegan on the front porch together
Mikayla just walking around in the backyard looking for a leaf to eat

Did she find something?

YES...jackpot! I knew a good crispy leaf was around here somewhere for me to EAT!

And in the mouth it goes!

OK...mom took my leaf away so maybe I can eat this flower! Are they any good? Anyone know?

She's not eating it yet!

My mom's support crew....Bev (left) my mom (middle), and Tammy (right)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy those are GREAT pictures!!!!!! I love the outdoor pictures of Mikayla..what great fall pics! I'm so ready for sweater time! No wait, I really need to do some more shopping first. :)

Melissa De Mers said...

LOVE the pics!!! Glad your Mom is feeling better. I wish it were cooler here....still in the upper 80's today....please FALL come soon! I LOVE fall. :o)

Love ya
Mel

Brandy's Adventure said...

Looks like you guys had way cooler weather than us today! Love Mikayla's outfit. I just can't get over how much she has grown since I saw her in July! I just love FALL and can't wait for it to get here.
It is so good to see your mom smiling. She sure does have a beautiful smile! It's good that you are making time to go and visit with her! She is in my prayers always!
How is Alec doing? I miss seing pictures of him on here. He sure is a great photographer.
Have a great rest of the week and Here's to Fall!!

veggiemom said...

Love the pics! I'm so glad it's cooling off. Glad you had a good visit.

Kerri and Ruby

Kim said...

I always love reading about where you go since those are my old stomping grounds. :) Love the pics - and love the cooler weather. We're not quite to sweater weather yet, but I did put Alex in jeans yesterday.

Go Bucks!!!

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! I love the ones of Mikayla with the flowers!!

Robyn

Steve & Amy said...

These pictures are adorable. Maybe Mikayla is going to be a vegetarian:) Your Mom looks good too! So glad you had a good visit! Prayers & Hugs!

Ruthanne said...

It's always good to see our moms, isn't it? She looks good--I hope she continues to heal and stays strong.

The pictures of Mikayla are great--she's as cute as always.

Jane said...

Mindy, two things:
*I'm praying my heart out for your mother, you and your family. God is good, in ALL things.
*There is a family in Cleveland that needs some help.... since you are closer than were I am in SC, I thought I would see if you had any suggestions for this family. FYI: their home is in MI, they are adopting a baby in OH. The baby is in Rainbows in Cleveland, there is a toddler that needs to be cared for while mom is at the hospital tending to the baby. if you could help them out with info or a contact it would be GREATLY appreciated! tiffanyandjason*dot*blogspot*dot*com

Thanks girl!
Jane

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Mindy - so glad to hear that things are going well with your Mom. We will continue to send our prayers her way.

OT -- I just had to commend you on your stand about blogs on a.com. Blogs were my support network when I was home alone with the two babes and Chris was deployed. It is so good to read that others struggle and triumph daily, like the kids and I. Thanks for telling it like it is!

Tara said...

I read it all and all I can comment on is "night away"....lol! Just kidding but I am soooo jealous! I will live vicariously through you! The fall pics you took of Mikayla would be awesome for the Guatadopt calender!

Kate said...

Love the pictures!! Gabi tries to eat everything outside too:) You are such a sweet daughter!! I hope Gabi and I have a bond like you and your mom do:) HUGS