First of all, Mikayla now weighs 22.3 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for weight (no surprise there at all). She is now 30 inches long WOOO HOOO and is in the 36th percentile for height. I am THRILLED by this because just a few short months ago we were worried about growth deficiency. She proved us wrong! Her head circ. is 44.8 and in the 20th percentile.
Secondly, I needed to talk to him about her weird tooth issue. He looked at it and called it a cleft tooth (never heard of this in my LIFE) and said that the adult tooth may or may not be cleft as well. I have to take her to a Pedi Dentist (the one Alec goes to) to have him evaluate it. Leave it to my daughter to have some strange tooth. LOL. When we looked in her mouth we noticed something...her right, top, 2 year molar is IN and her other three are following quickly behind. I didn't even KNOW it was there. But it's not like she is real keen on me looking in her mouth all the time. She has been a hair fussy lately but I did NOT think it was 2 year molars already! I forgot how HUGE they are...poor thing. Her gums are SO swollen.
Finally, we talked about the language delay, she only has three words (mama, dada, bubu (brother). He is not concerned about it YET and I am not either because she understands simple commands so I know she understands English...but she also seems to understand some Spanish as well. I just think her little brain is still adjusting...or maybe it's all the grass and leaves she has eaten since coming home!
She also had two shots yesterday. We got the DREADED MMR vaccine and Chicken Pox. I won't lie to you I said a prayer the moment that needle was inserted in her poor little arm that the MMR would not hurt her. I delayed getting the shot because of my fears but after much deliberation decided to get it. But that didn't make it easy. It was a TOUGH decision but it's now done and she seems totally fine. She has had a fever but that is to be expected and she always gets a fever with her shots.
I will be getting her liver levels checked again this week. She has this done every so often to make sure she is not having side effects in her liver from the INH (TB medication) that she is on. We are a little more then halfway through the nine month treatment for her + TB test. Can't wait for it to be OVER with.
Other then that, she is doing great. She is a healthy, chunky, fun-loving little Chic and she loves to play, watch Elmo's World, eat Gerber banana cookies, OK, she likes to eat ANYTHING, and she loves her "lovey," nasty thing that it is. YUCK.
Today I met my mom and Alec went home with her for the weekend. It's grandma and grandpa time for Alec. He sure does get excited for his weekends with them and I know that it lifts my moms spirits to be with him right now. Children are just so innocent when it comes to sickness and things like that. Mom and I went over to Kohls for a few minutes to get me some jeans because mine are falling off...literally. I can pull them completely off with them still buttoned and zipped. Kris thinks this is a GREAT thing and I am not talking about the weight loss part of it if you catch my drift. I, however, needed jeans that FIT. So, I have officially dropped a size in both shirts and pants. I am on a roll and I feel GREAT about it.
Also, wanted to let everyone know that the radiologist report came back on my lump and it is a cyst measuring only 5 mm. She said it was fine and they just want to follow up with a mammogram. What fun! I am only in my twenties and already starting Mamo's! LOL...whatever it takes to ensure my health! I just knew you would all like to know the good news:-)
A lot of you have been asking when my mom will start her Chemo treatments and I don't have an answer for you...it's not that I have been ignoring you. She is having a very, very hard time getting her incision to heal and has had to be stiched and re-stitched twice. The surgery was over three weeks ago. Please, PLEASE, pray that this heals because she cannot move on to the treatment until it does and for obvious reasons...we want her to get healed and get this process started. So please continue to pray for my mom...I know many of you are.
Here are some pictures of Kayla playing with daddy tonight. Daddy is her hero...that is FOR SURE.


5 comments:
CONGRATS on the weight loss, I am jealous and happy for you. ;o) I bet you look GREAT! Are you taking before/after pics???? To inspire us all?
Glad Mikayla's in great shape. The cleft tooth is crazy, never heard of it either! But happy she's healthy.
Have a great weekend, praying for Cheryl!
Love ya
Mel
Praise God on Mikaya's growth!!!! God is answering prayers!
Your mom....thank you for the update, she will be in my prayers.
You and your mamo's .... I had my first a week before my 21st b-day... doc thought he felt something, but nothing there. Then had my "baseline" at 35. a week later an ultrasound. 6 months later another. one at 36.5 an one at 37.5. Everything was looking GREAT,so I was okay to wait till 40. Just had my 40 (6 months late! :( ) and the lymph node was almost not even noticeable. I say ALL of this to encourage you. Just because our mom's go through it, does not give us a guarantee that we will also. Keep checking, but live too! You will forever be in my prayers for your health.
And the weight loss... you have been a GREAT encouragement to me. I'm going to do a post on it, hopefully this afternoon, but wanted to let you know that you and a handful of other girls have been SOOOO encouraging these past 10 days that I have been on the wagon. Thank you!!!!
I thank God for your blog and the encouragement that you are to me.
Enjoy your weekend!
Jane
Hooray for a good doc report! We are headed back next week, too, and I am anxious to see how much she has grown. My arms tell me she is gaining weight!
I'm glad you got a quick and good report on your cyst. Peace of mind is a good thing.
What a post! Now where do we start the comments:) Glad to here about your cyst.....yuck about the mamo:(
Glad to hear Mikayla is growing...LOVE the pictures! Congrats on the weight loss!!! Praying that your Mom heals so she can continue treatment. Thanks for filling us in on everything! LOVE your blog!!!!!
I am so glad to hear everything is ok with you and I hope your mom heals fast so she can start her treatment. You both are in my prayers. I LOVE the picture of Mikayla after she wiped her face!!! SO FUNNY!! And Alex is one lucky boy to get and go to Grandmas all weekend!!!
Post a Comment