Monday, September 17, 2007

Nice Fall Weekend and Weekly Weigh In

I don't how it was where you live this past weekend but here in Ohio we had FALL weather. On Saturday the highs never made it out of the mid-sixties and Saturday night it dropped down into the low forties! I was LOVING it.....I LOVE fall weather. Unfortunately...it wasn't here to stay and it's supposed to heat back up this week. I just wish it could stay "fall" all year long. I am not a fan of summer. The only thing I like about summer are Thunderstorms and we didn't get too many this summer. I just don't like summer. Probably because I am a homebody and love to curl up on the couch with the fireplace on and read a book rather then pack up and head to the beach...but that's just ME!

So we just hung out this weekend. We did go to the mall because I had a couple of coupons I wanted to use and wanted to get some Christmas shopping done for the kids we buy for. Yes, I think WAY ahead because that way you get the BEST deals! So most of my Christmas shopping is done for the kids we buy for (no not MY kids...who the heck even knows what we will end up getting them) but the other 7 kids I buy for (Kris's younger siblings and our nieces and nephew). WHEW...done.

I finally got the camera back out and tried my best to get pictures of Mikayla but just LOOK at them. These were all taken in a five minute time span (the first set in the skirt) and she is in a different spot each picture. This child doesn't sit still for a single second. I was just telling Kris I think she walks three miles a day in the living room! LOL. Alec told me I could NOT take a picture of him but I snapped one anyway and then I had to bribe him with Pop Tarts to get the one on the couch with Mikayla.

I am getting ready to get fall pictures done of the kids and I am thinking to myself....WHY are you going to put yourself through that!? Is it even possible to GET a picture of them together? Probably not and I have no idea how long Mikayla will last in a photo shoot either. I am enlisting my mom to come up that day and help. HELP...I know I will need HELP!

Well I had another good week on my diet although I am not really dieting. I am just trying to eat better. I am not counting calories or points...I am just eating better. Period. So this week I lost 2 pounds. So I have lost a total of 5.5 pounds in two weeks. I know next week I will lose more. This week wasn't as good because a female friend should be visiting tomorrow if you get my drift. I usually GAIN five pounds when my female friend pays me a visit so I am impressed at myself for actually LOSING 2 pounds! What a nice change!

So I checked and I have had over 700 hits to my blog in just the past couple of days. It made me feel REALLY guilty because you all are looking for a "new post" and I have not posted. I really promise to get better and post more. I just feel like if I can't get pictures of the kids on here I shouldn't post because everyone wants to see the kids rather then listen to me TALK. LOL.

So check out the pics...you have waited long enough!


I am still for .3 seconds

Mom..NO PICTURES OF ME...NO! Too bad Alec...I took one anyways! HAHAHA


I caught a HALF smile!


On the Moooooove!!!!
1 second later...new location!

Hmmm...where to NOW!?


Are you kidding me mom!? How long do you think I will actually STAY on this couch!?

Well...long enough for a DECENT picture of the two kids!

Ok I took this of Alec today. He wore this Spiderman Suit from the minute he woke up until the moment he went to bed! Ignore his hair....YES..I know he needs a haircut!

For Alec's birthday my Aunt Chris and Uncle Danny sent him a science kit. On Sunday Kris and Alec did it. It was SO cool. Things were popping and fizzing and bubbling all over the place. Alec thought it was the coolest thing in the world. He ADORES stuff like this and he keeps asking me to get him another one!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! New pictures! Loved them all. That science kit looks awesome! I cracked up over the spiderman outfit. He seriously wore it all day!?! I love him to pieces. Love Mikayla's outfit. She looks almost like she should be heading off to preschool.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!
Mom

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

You are doing great with your new healthy eating habits! I wish I could say the same.

The pictures are great. Even though she is constantly moving and Alec doesn't want his picture takent they came great.

Melissa De Mers said...

First of all, Mindy...the kids are SO adorable that my heart melts! :o) Seriously...you have the most BEAUTIFUL children!!

I wish one day to meet you guys. Can't we just plan something for next summer right now? ;o) Haylee and I will go anywhere!! I don't know if I could handle driving all the way to Ohio though. ;o) So maybe you'll have to meet me in the middle....hee hee!

I love Mikayla's clothes. Haylee has a lot of matching (I can tell they are from TCP!).

I love you guys...
XOXO
Mel
Ps. congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could lose some...maybe once I get settled in.

Jane said...

GREAT JOB on the 5.5 pounds!

Did I miss a post... is there a plan for your mom's treatment? I'm praying my heart out for her.

Jane

Rosella said...

Treasure Treasure Treasure these days. His eyes look so excited in the one picture. What a good Daddy Kris is. If I never did anything else right again in life, I'm so thankful I talked you into coming to Lincoln Heights Church of Christ, where it ALL began. You have the most awesome family. I'm so proud of you girl. Aunt Zell

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Congrats on the 5.5 lbs. That is awesome in two weeks!

You children are beautiful. So glad to see pics. Love Mikayla's new fall outfit!

Andrea

Tina said...

The pics are cute and I know what you mean about holding still. I don't think I ever get a head on shot of Toby, he's always moving! One of these days he'll like the camera again. lol. Oh and I wanted to let you know that I read the blog for your comments too, not just the pics. Congrats on the weight loss.

Tina aka Angelsmama

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Mindy,

The photos are too precious -- of both kids. If you've checked out my blog lately you'd see we are experiencing a similar set of circumstances with the camera. Of course, Garrett has to be behind the camera, directing the shots. Guess it might be time to buy him on of those FP digital cameras. They do grow up so fast.

By the by, I read your blog for your comments and thoughts. Seeing the photos of the kids are great, but reading your comments, it's like I've got a friend in OH.

~Beckie

Baby John's Crib said...

You have a beautiful family! I'm keeping your mom in my prayers.

Tracy

Blessed Mommy said...

Great job girl -- keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I think the pictures are GREAT!!! I can totally relate though on wondering why we even think about trying. LOL My kids HATE photoshoots (with all of them together) because they know someone will ruin every picture and it will take forever and mommy will become a bear. LOL I totally bribe them, which won't work for a itty bitty little girl totally motivated by the desire to be moving nonstop. LOL

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great - and thanks so much for all the family info! The kids are beautiful and growing - I hope we get to visit again soon!

5 pounds - that's wonderful!! Wish I could say the same!

Take care,

Love, Aunt Chris

veggiemom said...

Picture taking has definitely gotten a lot harder around here now that Ruby is on the move.

Still, I think you did get some very cute pics of both you little ones.

Kerri and Ruby