You know those days when you get out of bed and you are groaning before your feet ever touch the floor? Today was that day! I just KNEW it was going to be a yuck day for me. Probably because I had to get up 7:30. I know, I know...normal people usually get up before that but not me! I get up around 9:00 or 10:00 each morning when
Mikayla gets up. Yes, I am spoiled.
LOL. But today I had to go to the OB/
GYN because I had a "lump" that needed checked and with everything going on in my family right now I didn't want to hold off on it. So since Kris doesn't go to work until 12:00 on Wednesdays these are the only days that I can do things like that. So my appointment was at 9:20 and I loved my new DR. My old one retired at the young age of 35!!!!!!!!!!!! She wanted to be with her family and I was so sad about it because I loved her and I hate switching
DR's. But anyway...she was shocked by how much cancer runs in my family. I am not going to tell you how many people on BOTH sides of my family have had cancer, but just trust me when I say that is feel like most of them have. She felt the lump without me showing her and wanted to do an ultrasound right away, even though she wasn't too concerned about it. I have to be honest I wasn't either, I felt it was a cyst, and it is not my first. The catch was they couldn't get me in to do the ultrasound until 12:30 and I said NO because I would have to bring the kids. She promised me that someone would watch them in the hall and that it would be OK. UGH. I come back home, feed the kids, get them dressed and head back to the OB/
GYN. Well guess what. Because everyone was at lunch there was no one to watch them for me. So in the room all three of us go. I was SO not happy about it. I had to
put Mikayla on the floor and have Alec watch her while I was on the table getting the ultrasound. He did a great job and no, he couldn't see what was going on really. It was dark anyways. It didn't take long to do it and the tech thought the same, that it was a cyst. But we will see once the radiologist takes a look at it. I am not worried though.
So that was my morning. Not too fun at all. Who on earth wants to something like that with TWO KIDS. But I made it through and when we got home EVERYONE took a nap. Alec hasn't taken a nap in over 8 months so this was a rare event. Both kids sleeping!? My first instinct was to clean this place that I am calling a home but looks more like a toy pit. Then, I was like, YOU FOOL....take a NAP. So that's what I did! WOO
HOO! FAMILY NAP! Once everyone was up I took some pictures and actually got some GOOD shots for a change.
So there was my FUN day in a nutshell. Well I am off to feed
Mikayla and get her ready for bed! I can't believe I blogged this early today! OH...and PLEASE ignore the dust on the TV stand. OMG do I need to dust that thing. YIKES.

There's mom with that camera again. Daddy thinks it's mommy's fault that I don't like having my picture taken since she has had a camera in my face since I came home.

Don't you know mom, Elmo's World is
waaaay more important then your pictures!

This is her Ohio State Football linebacker pose

Yup....don't I look like a football player? NO? OK..how about a cheerleader? I look cute in skirts!

Once again...ON THE MOVE!

Oh so big brother thinks HE can get a picture of me huh? And with mom's phone? How come he is allowed to play with that I'm not!?

Alec...I want that phone and I want it now!
Nevermind...Elmo is back on. Forget everyone.

This is what I look over to see Alec doing

What is he is doing mom? Looks kind of fun!
YEAAAAA! I am a silly girl!

What...did I actually catch a SMILE!?

I DID!

Peek-a-boo!

Back to watching Elmo

Elmo can I marry you? You look so fuzzy and
loveable!

One smile mom...just one he said.

She hides behind this corner and plays peek-a-boo. It's so adorable.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! This picture is ME all over. In fact, my mom has a picture of me sitting in the living room when I was about 8 or so making this same face. I have NO idea why but my mom must have thought it was funny like I did because she took a picture of it too.
9 comments:
ugh! not a fun morning. i'm sorry about all that. however, there isn't much that is better than a family nap! i'm like you, when my son lays down to take a nap i think about all the things i could get done...laundry, cleaning, dishes...and then i lay down too and take a nap. it's great! :)
What an eventful morning! Not fun stuff but glad to hear everyone made it through ok. These pictures crack me up!! I love the facial expressions on everyone! It's amazing what a little sleep will do:)
Glad you got the ultrasound out of the way - better to have it over and done with than have to get up at 7:30 on another day. :)
Love all the pics - your kiddos are so cute!
Kerri and Ruby
Oh, I am lovin the pictures tonight! Yes, I have a picture of you that is EXACTLY like that face Alec is making of you! He is so a carbon copy of you Mindy, in every way.
Mikayla's profile pictures are just beautiful. She is a little dollbaby and grandma misses her so much!
I can't wait to see you!
Mom
Good job staying on top of things. Mindy, your children make my day. I love getting to work and 1st thing, seeing if you've updated. Her little face, the cheeks, dark eyes, dark hair, cute little legs. OMG, can't stand it. I wanna squeeze them, smother them w/kisses! Love you ALL - Aunt Zell
Sounds like you had a rough morning but followed it up with a good ole nap! The pictures are great. Two beautiful kids!!
Andrea
I love the "Yeah, I'm a silly girl" picture and I love the face Alec is making, too funny!
Naps are the BEST!!! :) I'm glad you took advantage! Can we say - GO BUCKS!!!
You DO need a fun day!!!!!! I say take today and spoil yourself silly!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment