So I was really sad that I was so sick. It's my kidneys still...hence the lack of updates lately. I have been battling it for well over a week now. Went to Statcare yesterday because I knew that it couldn't just be stones anymore. I passed one earlier in the week and there was NO way I should be in this much pain still. Well....Statcare (which is ran by our hospital) took one look at my urine culture and told me to to go the ER right away. UGH. I was annoyed and in pain. I came home and Kris couldn't get out of his side job at such a short notice (working at the play-off games) so I had to call my mother-in-law to come up and watch my kids so I could to the ER by myself:-( Kris felt horrible...he wanted to be there but he couldn't. She got up here around 5 and I explained things to her for Kayla and headed to the ER. I was there SIX torturous hours. I won't go into the details...just know it was bad...but it ended up being a very bad Kidney Infection. They hooked me up to an IV, gave me some morphine, and then gave me an antibiotic through the IV. I also had to drink a Potassium drink which was NASTY because it was very, very low. Weird. I ended up driving myself home around midnight because my mother-in-law couldn't stay once Kris got home from the game for him to be able to come up and be with me. She needed to get home since it was late when he got home (10:30) and it was obviously dark and they had an hour drive. Kris called me and I just BAWLED. I was in so much pain and hated being there alone...but hey...that's what happens when your family lives so far away:-( I came home and crashed. I actually feel much better today...only took one painkiller so the antibiotics must be working fast which is GREAT because Alec is going to have a total meltdown if we don't get to the Christmas Tree Farm to cut down the tree tomorrow. LOL. So that is my story of the past few days in a nutshell...it was crazy but I know a lot of you know what was going on with me and I want to say thank you SO much for your prayers. I needed them and they worked...I am better now! Thank you also to Gina and my mom for calling the hospital so much and helping me feel not so alone last night. I appreciated that. I really did.
So I don't want to forget ALL about Thanksgiving because despite my crummy health that day...I am thankful for so many things and I am going to post them now.
*I am thankful for my family. ALL of my family. I truly have an amazing husband and sometimes I feel guilty even saying that but honestly...I couldn't have a more amazing man in my life to call my own. My children!? How can I even begin? Where do you start? "Thankful" just doesn't seem like good enough of a word to use! I am BEYOND thankful for my children. Both of them enrich my life is so many ways.
*I am thankful for amazing parents. Amazing MARRIED parents which is awesome. In my parents I have the most loving and supportive foundation in my life. They have taught me so many wonderful things and I am so proud of them, who they are, and what they have accomplished in their lives.
*My life. I am thankful for my life. Kris and I have been blessed with not only beautiful children, but a home to call our own. Things are tight with me staying at home and finishing school but we have so much to call "our own." I am thankful for that...thankful that I don't have to worry about how to put food on the table or how I can get my children a new pair or shoes. Simple things are some of the things I am most thankful for.
*I am thankful for my memories. This year has not been easy with the passing of my grandma. I miss her each and every single day. Life has a void now without her in it. An emptiness that I try to fill with all the memories and love that she gave me in the years that she was here. I am thankful for the memories I have with everyone...memories are priceless. Moments spent together in happiness are priceless.
*I am thankful for my friends. I have had very, very few friends over the years that I could call a BEST friend but I have one in Gina. Yup...I am calling you out girl. She is such an amazing person and we have a rare friendship that is so much fun and so awesome. I am so thankful for it because let's face it...every girl needs another girl for "girl talk and girl fun." Thank GOD that adoption brought us together...SOOOO cool.
*And last but most importantly, I am thankful for my God. Without Him in my life I would not be who I am...would not have the strength that I have, and would not have the peace in my life that surrounds me. I am thankful that God has blessed my family in the ways in which He has and I am thankful for the difficult times that He has seen me through...and in essence helped me build myself through. Thank you God for being a loving, giving God.


6 comments:
I am so sorry you have been sick again. Glad you're feeling better. I will be praying for you!!
Robyn
P.S. The pics are adorable!!
Yes, put two ponytails in his hair and he looks just like your pictures! He melts his mamaw and papas heart!
Mikayla is always so happy and I love her smile Mindy. She just looks so so happy and full of life!
This was a wonderful post.
Giving God all of the praise for His goodness and love for us.
Thinking of you today getting your tree and decorating it. What a beautiful day too!
I love you all so much
Mom
So sorry to hear about your infection. We are saying prayers that the Dr put you on the right antiobiotic this time and that you infection goes away soon. You need to get better because there is LOTS of shopping to be done:) Happy late Thanksgiving...praying that you feel like yourself soon! {{{HUGS}}}
I'm so sorry you're sick again but glad you're on the mend.
Love the biscuit pic!
Kerri and Ruby
Hoping you are feeling better VERY soon. Isabella, too, has a Kidney Infection and is on antibiotics. She started saying her pee-pee hurt last Monday and by Thanksgiving she was screaming in pain and was not peeing. She's doing MUCH better today and the fevers are gone.
Get well soon!
You need to get well SOON - -I will be praying !!
Post a Comment