Sunday, November 4, 2007

Purple for NATIONAL ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH!

This month my blog will be PURPLE in honor or National Adoption Awareness month. It's so important to remember that there are many children, just like my daughter, all over the world that need a home. Are you the right person for that? Only you can answer that question. I can tell you that I always wanted to adopt a child...long before infertility took it's hold in my life. That very early desire towards adoption was God preparing me for what would happen in my life. That I am sure of. I agree that adoption is not for everyone and there are many, many different kinds and types of adoption. I will also be the very first to admit that we did not adopt Mikayla to better the world or to "save" a child. We adopted Mikayla because we very selfishly wanted another child and knew that we could do that through adoption. But there are many people that DO adopt because they feel a very distinct calling to do so. No matter what your intentions were for adopting, if you did in fact adopt, this month is about focusing on adoption. celebrating adoption, and bringing awareness to those who are NOT aware.

I took these pictures of the kids on Friday. It was another one of our lovely crazy days:-) On Thursday we went and had our Celebrate Adoption Photo's done. I cannot post them on here as they are right click protected but if you want to see them....AND I KNOW YOU...leave me a comment and I will comment BACK to you with the info...please do NOT post the comment I send you on your blog. LOL. I get a lot of hits on my blog each and everyday and I don't know who they all are...therefore...I don't want these pics public. Thanks!

Looking at her big brother
So, Alec, are you coming in here or what. I WANT YOUR BALLOON!
Ok Now I am just interested in Elmo
Love close ups
Here I am!! Balloon in tow!
What on earth is this face? These are the kinds of things that happen daily here at my house and yes, he is standing on the coffee table and yes, I am taking a picture instead of telling him to get down.
No more pics mom...this is my NO MORE face...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! I am so glad you posted some pictures tonight so I could see them. Thanks. Love the one of Mikayla from the side. She is changing daily Mindy! What a cute little outfit. The one of ALec on the table cracked me up! I have never seen him do that before? Must have had cabin fever this weekend???? LOL!
Love and hugs,
Mom

Megan said...

I want to see your pictures! ;) I am sure they are fabulous! Love the idea of the purple blog...so creative!

Brandy's Adventure said...

Thank goodness you did decide to adopt cause we all have been blessed by having Mikayla in our lives. I just wish we lived closer and could see the kids more! Thank goodness for your blog (you know I am a dedicated fan of yours on here) so I am able to keep up with my neice and nephew! You have gorgeous kids (and I am not being a partial Aunt either!)and just think they are awesome! I love the pic of Alec on the coffee table just being a kid! That is wonderful to see! Him and Tyler would be the best of buds if they were closer cause they seem to be alot like! Miss you guys like crazy. It is busy busy around here as always, but be looking for a new post tonight.....
Love you guys!!!
P.S. The pics were ADORABLE!! I hope you got my votes!!!!

veggiemom said...

So who cares if you stand on the coffee table anyways? Isn't that what they're for? Love those cute kiddos!
Kerri and Ruby

Melissa De Mers said...

love the pics!!! i would love to see the celebrate adoption pics, email me though. :)

love ya
mel

Jenny and Matt said...

Hey, I want to see the pictures!
I was checking out the website with the list of photographers that do Adoption pics. I noticed a couple in your area. I'm curious if you used one of them and if so, what you thought. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Mikayla is looking so grown up all of a sudden! Your kiddos are beautiful as always! :)