Saturday, December 1, 2007

HOPEFULLY the last member of our family:-)

Well...if you know me well then you know I don't like dogs too well. I know that's terrible and I think it comes from never having a dog until adulthood and that dog is Plato, our police dog, and he doesn't even count as a real pet since he he gone half the day at work and is VERY well-behaved. Plato isn't really a "pet" at all in fact. He lives here, but he is tired when he comes home and isn't a real "play" type of dog. Kris and I have been talking about getting Alec a dog for awhile. I just don't like dogs, so we haven't. But, about two weeks ago one of his Sergeants told him that he needed to find a new home for his Puggle. I LOVE PUGGLES. I think they are adorable and Kris knows that if I was ever going to get a dog it would be a Puggle. We actually got a Puggle two years ago for Alec but she didn't mesh well with Plato and was scared of him therefore she wouldn't potty train. So we had to find a new home for her. Well, this Puggle was being given away because his family no longer played with him or paid any attention to him. Kris knows the guy and his family really well.

We went over to his house tonight to "meet" Sam. We didn't tell Alec that we were going to "meet" the dog and see if we liked him. In fact, Alec had NO clue. We got there and hung out for awhile and played with the dog and Kris and I just kept looking at each other and then Alec came up and I looked at him and said...."how would you like to take Sam home with us?" Alec nearly hyperventilated and started jumping up and down and screaming "IS THIS A DREAM!?" He was beside himself. I sighed, knowing that I don't like dogs, but looked at my sweet son, who has been yearning for something to nurture for a long time, and said "no, honey, it's not a dream, this is your new dog Sam." ~SIGH~

So Sam is happily sleeping right now on ALEC'S BED. Yup...he is Alec's dog already and who else does he LOVE? ME. Good choice, Sam...because you need to suck up to me. LOL. He is a very sweet-tempered dog. He is 2.5 years old and a boy. He is actually pretty overweight so we are going to try to trim his diet down. He is a puggle, like I said, which is part Beagle and part Pug. What a cutie...these pictures are NOT good of him. Puggles don't picture well but I will try to get some video tomorrow.

Meet SAM!

Kris, Alec, and SAM!
Sweetie Sam
Alec and HIS dog
He was one VERY excited boy!!!
The next two pictures are from last night. We make cupcakes and Alec had a great time. Mmmmm are they good!


Mikayla on the phone....MY cell...tooooo cute!
Hello? Anyone there??
HAHAHAHA...am I cute or WHAT!?
OMG...are you serious?

OH that was TOOOOO funny mom!
Mom....get the camera AWAY from me
CHEESE!
On the move.....AGAIN
A Cell Phone and a Remote...nothing better!
P.S
IGNORE MY BLOG COLORS AND SUCH...I AM IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING EVERYTHING. IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO MY BLOG ROLL PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Sam to the busy Ousley family! I promise you Alec will take the very best of care of you and you will get more hugs than you could ever imagine!

Mikayla looks like a little pre-teen with that phone in her hand. I LOVE the ponytails! She looks sooooo cute in the little jeans/nike shoes/ponytails and fleece top! Soooo stylin!

Well, you know I am not an animal lover, period, but I am happy for Alec. Your dad and I both know how happy this makes our grandson so anything that makes him happy makes us happy!!!!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Coming out of lurker mode to congratulate Alec on getting Sam. Hope he is a wonderful addition to your family.

You don't know me but I found your site indirectly from Heather's (Amazing Jacob). Your post today gave me a good chuckle which was much needed.

Your children are darling. Hope you have a good Holiday. Elaine

Elizabeth said...

Hi Mindy...I read your blog alot b/c I love to see your beautiful kids! I am Meliss'a sister (Haylee's mom Melissa) and your WONDERFUL mother comments on my blog...that is how I know you. I LOVE your mother to pieces. She sent me a link to a song today that just touched my heart and was what I really needed to hear! Anyhow, sorry to ramble but you can add my blog if you'd like...Thanks!
Elizabeth

Melissa De Mers said...

Awwww Sam is cute!!! Congrats! :o) Love the pics of the kiddos. They're stinkin cute too. ;o)

Hope you have a happy weekend. Love ya

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Congrats on your new addition Sam. He's a good looking dog. I'm sure he'll be your best bud in no time. We got a cat a while ago and while I really don't like cats (always been a dog guy) this little guy is hard to resist when he comes to snuggle and lay in my lap at night.

It's funny you mention Mikayla with cell phones and remotes because those are what Gabby is always drawn to. She'll grab them and then run away when you call for her because she knows we'll take them away. Ah, the forbidden object.

Rob

veggiemom said...

Congrats on the newest addition to your family. I hope you grow to love him as much as Alec alread does. :)
Kerri and Ruby

EB said...

Sam is so cute, we have Beagles :0)

The cupcakes look so good I may go make some.

Becca said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad he has a dog to love on. Both of your children are gorgeous! Add me to you blog roll please...

Steve & Amy said...

That picture of Alec so excited....priceless!!!! I can't wait to see his pictures on Christmas morning:) So what does Miss Mikayla think about the new family member? She is looking adorable (as always). Mia also like remotes and cell phones. The worst is when she hides them. Love the new pictures on the side bar, especially the one of you & Kris. Keep us posted on the new family member. Now you can celebrate another gotcha day! (Only this adoption journey didn't involve PGN..) Love the Christmas themed blog! Hugs!

Joe and Gina said...

Sam is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. I'm sure Alec is so excited to have him. Mikayla looks so adorable with the pigtails. She looks like she is having fun talking on your cell phone..LOL..that is so cute...

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I love the new colors. They are festive! Mikayla is so cute talking on the cell phone. I love dogs so I think adding one to your family is great.


Andrea

Baby John's Crib said...

LOL, John loves anything that he thinks he can hold like a phone - I can't tell you the number of rectangle shaped items he has held up to his shoulder and talked to, LOL!

I'm the ultimate dog lover, and I'm happy to see Alec so happy with his pet! I pray that both dogs get along, and you grow to love the puggle like a family member.

Dogs rule!

Our Family of 5 said...

Sam is a cutie=)
Thanks for the comment on Soph's blog. I feel extremely blessed this year as I know you do too!
Hugs!

Rosella said...

Way to go Alec!! You must be ONE special boy! Congrats! Looks cute Mindy. That Mikayla Faith....welp, need I say more. She's a pistol! I think she looks just like me in the "cheese" picture. What a ham. and Alec looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Congrats on adding Sam to the family. He will bring EVERYONE joy and love. I know Isabella adores her doggies, Kalli and Molly. See you Saturday!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Congrats, Alec! You are one lucky boy to have your own puppy -- Garrett has to make do with our cat.

Also, it's great to see Mikayla with the remote and phone -- my kiddos favorite toys also. The lengths they will go to to get their hands on one, the other, or both.

Merry Christmas!

Kate said...

Mindy!! Sam is so so cute!! I LOVE dogs! I am always begging for another one, even though we don't have room:) Alec looks so happy and over the moon!! And why does every 1 year old love cell phones!!:) Gabi is always getting mine:) Congrats on the new addition:)

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Awww!!!! Sam is so cute!!! I am glad he found a home where he gets all the attention he needs.
Love the pictures of the kids!!!!

Sharon

Candy said...

LOVE these pics of MISS THANG

Ellie said...

Ya... Love those 4 legged furry friends....

HUGS TO ALL

you can add up to your blog roll...

www.angelenachristina.blogspot.com

Hugs
Ellie

Monique said...

Congrats on the new dog! How are things going now?