So tomorrow I head back to school and I am a wreck over it. When I was in 8th grade I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and although I have overcome a lot of it, I still suffer from it quite a bit. It's very hard for me to be in large social situations, like today actually. I get very uptight and sick to my stomach. My breathing gets real heavy and sometimes I get near hyperventilation. I know sometimes people think I may be standoffish but trust me when I say it is ANXIETY. I hate it, but it's a part of me and like I said I am not NEAR as bad as I used to be. I used to not even be able to go to a store by myself. I would totally freak out. Why am I saying all of this? Because school is REAL hard for me. I won't be able to sleep tonight at all for the fear of it tomorrow. Walking into the classrooms freak me out and my heart starts beating fast, I feel like everyone is looking at me, and a lot of times I end up in the bathroom..sick. But only on the FIRST day of school. After I am adjusted and my mind knows that I will be OK then I am fine. So please pray for me tomorrow because I am nervous about it.
I have to leave the house at 7:55 am, get Alec right to pre-school (three minutes from my house), then get back in the van with Mikayla and head over to her new in-home daycare. I love the person that will be watching her, she is JUST fabulous. I know Mikayla will do great there...we have already been there and Mikayla did NOT want to leave. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to her daycare from Alec's preschool and then I drive over to the University. That's a half hour drive from her daycare. My class is from 9:00-11:00 am. So it's a busy morning, having to get everyone up, ready to go, to their "places" and then me off to my class....then go pick them up! It would just be SO much easier if they were in the same place.
OK....I will make it, right!? Stay tuned...details of how it all went LATE tomorrow because I have to go BACK over to my school for a night class (6:00 to 9:00 pm) and then OSU PLAYS TOMORROW!
GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK...I am off to pack my school bag:-)
P.S. In case you are wondering or if you have not seen me post previously, I am going to Walsh University majoring in Early Childhood Education (grades pre-k through 3rd), Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (working with mild/moderate/intensive disabilities I.E. Downs Syndrome, Autism, behavioral disorders, cognitive delays, etc.), and I am also getting my licence in Reading so I can be a Reading Specialist. Whew...lots of classes there let me tell you and I am only FOUR away from graduation. I am doing two of them this spring, two of them next fall, and then doing my Student Teaching next spring and graduating....ALMOST THERE!


8 comments:
I'll be praying for you tomorrow!! I'm almost jealous! I LOVED being in college - but then I did it when I was 18 and didn't have two kids to get off to daycare/preschool!!
I hope tomorrow goes just fine - and GO BUCKS!!!!
Looks like a great party!
GO BUCKS!!!! Sadly I doubt I'll be able to stay awake for the whole game...I'll do my best.
Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you. :)
Kerri and Ruby
I'll pray for you girl -- you will do awesome on your first day of classes!!!
Even though you can't see me know that I am walking beside you each step you take tomorrow. You have come so far and tomorrow is no exception. I know you are going to do great and I can't wait to hear all about your day!
PRAYERS and BIG BIG HUGS,
Mom
oops! Also wanted to say, I loved the pictures and Mikayla's darling outfit and shoes!!!!!!! Looks like you had a great time! Alec looks happy with his new cars!
Mom
It's great that you are going back to school, Mindy. You can do it! I'm proud of you.
mindy you are going to be JUST fine and do GREAT!! i start on Monday!! how exciting! i'll say a prayer for ya! can't wait to hear about your 1st day. :o)
big hugs,
mel
Post a Comment