I have to admit, I am one blessed child. I truly have amazing parents and I thank God for them. Truly. My dad has been such an instrumental part of my life. He was, from the day I was born, a very hands-on kind of dad. I have countless memories of doing things like going to Mohican State Park to see the waterfall, covered bridge, and fire tower, tons of memories of him and I just doing "stuff" around the house like shoveling snow in the winter or listening to the baseball games in the garage in the summer. He taught me how to ride my bike, how to use every tool he could, how to build countless things, and how to drive my car. But those are just the little things. My dad taught me how to be a strong person, to fight for what I want in life, and to never quit what I start. He taught me to be kind to all people by the example that HE led and to always keep going in life even when you are at your weakest. He was and still IS my encourager, my confident, my support system, my friend, my NUMBER ONE fan in life. He is MY dad. The best dad in the entire world who has never turned his back on me for a moment, never made me feel un-loved when I made mistakes, never judged my decisions even if he knew they weren't the right ones. He always let me be my own person in life and I know he is so proud of who I have become, who I am still becoming.
As for a grandpa. You can't get any better. He is patient, kind, and loving with the kids. He does all the fun stuff with them that kids DREAM their grandpa's will do! Alec never wants to come home after a visit because he has SO MUCH FUN with papa Barry. Alec and my dad are SO close. Since I am an only child it's like my dad finally got "his boy." AND IT SHOWS. They have the best relationship. My dad adores Mikayla. Just adores her. Did you know he went and HAND-PICKED a cabbage patch doll for Mikayla for Christmas? These are the kinds of things my dad does. He is just amazing and Mikayla has stolen my dads heart. Both my kids have Papa wrapped around their tiny fingers.
I love you dad...SO much. I know it sounds so cliche but I really do think I have the BEST dad in the entire world...and my kids...the best grandpa!
AS A DAD
My dad and me when I was just a baby
Kisses for my daddy!
I was about 6 years old here
I always snuggled with dad in the morning
My dad came to EVERY dance recital I had. EVERY ONE.
Hugs for daddy:-)
I always crawled up in his lap....still DO sometimes!
Dad escorting me at Miss. Lexington
My dad always drove my convertibles for my parades!
Parents Night at the Basketball game. My dad came to EVERY single game. He was always there for me.
Graduation...I was all grown up
Heading to an OSU football game!
Out on the boat up at Put-in-Bay
I won't lie to all of you...this was one the first times I EVER saw my dad cry...the day he gave me awayAS A GRANDPA
Christmas this year
Loving on Mikayla
His first time EVER holding Mikayla as we walked off the plane and the FIRST picture of the two of them together.
Papa and Alec at the race
Take me for a RIDE!
Sleeping in Papa arms...this was the first time she EVER did this and it was her Papa! Special touch? Yes...he has it. Alec did the same thing for him but NEVER did for us!
Papa bought Alec a Go-Kart for his birthday
Hanging out at Papa and Mama's house playing a game
Alec's Birthday this past year
PaPa and Kayla back in her "no one is allowed to touch me let alone hold me" phase. Did PaPa get to? You bet!
Papa and Alec at the race
Take me for a RIDE!
Sleeping in Papa arms...this was the first time she EVER did this and it was her Papa! Special touch? Yes...he has it. Alec did the same thing for him but NEVER did for us!

4 comments:
happy bday mr. barry! :) your parents are truly awesome people. you are very VERY VERY VERY blessed mindy!! i admire them, and thank you for sharing them with me ~ your Mom especially. i have grown very close through emails and my blog.
i was brought to tears when reading and see ALL of the wonderful pics of you and your Dad. i can only pray that Tim & Haylee will be the same. i wish and pray that so much. :)
love you girl
big hugs,
melissa
Those are awesome pictures! Hope your dad had a good b-day.
Becca
Momma to Ella
Mindy, your Dad is one of the best!! Thanks for sharing your tribute to him. It was wonderful to see him "though the ages".
Happy Birthday Barry - Husband, Dad and Papa - you were our kids Uncle StawBerry - remember?
Love, Danny and Chris
You have a great family!
Everyone looks fantastic.
Post a Comment