I wanted to wait until I knew for sure that they got the package before I posted Alec's story. I keep up on a certain blog in which the family has a daughter around Alec's age and another daughter from Guatemala that is Mikayla's age. They brought their daughter home right around the time that we brought Mikayla home. After coming home, their sweet and beautiful girl was diagnosed with Tay Sachs Disease AB Variant. This is disease is fatal and my heart breaks for this family each and everyday. They are the most incredible, inspiring family that I have "met" and their courage and faith in God is unbelievable and so amazing. This family is facing extraordinary challenges but remain positive and know that God is in control and that their sweet daughter, Carmen, was brought into their lives for a reason, she is a true blessing. I personally have to say that when I read their blog, I am in awe of what an amazing family they are, and how strong they are. I am not sure that I could weather the same storm they face with the same amount of courage and love that they do. Please take the time to check out their blog and lift this family up in prayer: http://www.beautifulcanvas.org/index.htm
OK, now that I have told you about them let me tell you about what Alec did. One night, he saw me reading their blog and asked about them. He told me that the little girl looked like Mikayla and so he wanted to know if she was from Guatemala. I told him that she was, and that she had a big sister about the same age as he was. I then told him, without going into exact detail, that the little girl didn't feel well. I told him that she became sick when she came home from Guatemala and that Jesus and her family were taking good care of her. He then told me that he wanted to take care of her too...and he wanted to go to Build A Bear to make some animals for Carmen and her big sister Lauren. I told him that was a GREAT idea. He took the Christmas money that he had (it was $5) and asked me if that would be enough to buy them both animals. Well, ummmmm...of COURSE I said YES and so the next day we went to the mall. Now those of you with children know that Build A Bear is a big deal for kids. They love going there, building stuffed animals, dressing them, etc. And Alec is no exception. We went there and we let him do it ALL. He picked out the animals and the dress for Lauren's bear. Never once did he ask to build a bear for himself. When the lady asked him who he was building the bears for, he told her for two special girls. Can you believe that? He NEVER asked for a single thing! He loved doing this and was so excited about it. He paid his $5 for it and left there PROUD.
Now I have to say that mommy is one proud chick. My son has the biggest heart and loves to do things for others and I encourage this from him, because it's just his personality. We made name tags for each Build A Bear so that they would know whose was whose, packed them up, and sent them off. The pictures are below. I just had to share this story.
In other news, Gina and Christian met Kris, me, Alec, and Kayla up at Picture People in Akron this weekend to TRY to get pictures of our kids together. Well...it didn't happen. LOL. But we WERE able to get pictures of them SEPERATE. As soon as Christian and Mikayla saw the photo room they FREAKED and started SOBBING. The picture of Mikayla is actually of Kris holding her, Gina playing Peek-A-Boo in the background to make her smile, and me trying to calm down Alec who was saying "JUST GIVE UP MOM" over and over. LOL. Now, please understand, this is the FIRST professional picture of Mikayla really SMILING that we have ever really had! So was I excited? Heck yes! And Alec, well, he looks amazing and so big in his picture..I love them both!
The pictures below are of Alec with the Build A Bears he made for Carmen and Lauren..can you tell he is PROUD!?




17 comments:
What a special little boy you have and with such a big heart. Great job Alec.
Mamaw is so proud of her grandson and YES, he has SUCH a big heart! I love ALL of the pictures! YEAH! Our first professional picture of Mikayla smiling. I didn't know Joe and Gina went too and that you had intentions of getting a picture of all of the kids together:(
One of these days, right! LOL!
Love,
Mom
I started to comment on your post but first hit the link to your friends blog and could not stop reading Carmen's story. Carmen is absolutely beautiful!! How blessed she is to have such a wonderful family to care for and love her deeply for all the days of her life.
How blessed you all are to have Alec in your lives. He is one special kiddo with a heart of gold.
Sharon
such a sweet loving little boy you have raised, he is truely an inspiration!
What a sweetie Alec is !!! And princess Mikalya is looking pretty darn cute !!!
Ooh, I just wanna hug that boy! You deserve to be proud!
Kerri and Ruby
WOW!!! What a little man you have there! That says something about his family! Mikayla is going to learn so much from him. I love the pictures...especially the one of Mikayla flying in the air:) I know how frustrating it is when a photo shoot gose bad. Oh well I'm sure pictures will happen next time:) Love you tagged answers ...just one question....when will we see you on American Idol???:)
Mindy, your story made me cry! I am so glad you shared the whole story behind the Build-A-Bears! What a sweet boy! Can you please send me your email to beautifulcanvas2007@yahoo.com? I would like to send you a picture of the girls with the puppy and bear!
what a sweet sweet boy...i would be one proud momma too
I would be one proud mama too! Love the new pictures!!
Andrea
that is AWESOME alec! what a sweetheart! if only there were more alecs in this world. :)
give him a BIG HUG from me and haylee!!
the pp pics are adorable!!!
Alec you are one amazing little boy and I am so glad I found your Mommy's blog so that i can share this story with my little girl . You have a heart of pure gold.
What a big ♥ Alec has! That is fantastic!
What a kind-hearted boy you have! You absolutely deserve to feel proud of the young man he is!
Beckie
Awwww I love it! the pictures are great and Karson has that same pug webkins. He's obsessed with pugs for some reason. :)
What a great post. And I love the pictures. I'm going to visit your friend's site now. Thanks for including it.
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
What a special little boy!
Nikki
http://dreamasifyouwillliveforever.blogspot.com
Post a Comment