Nothing much new going on here at all. On Friday Mikayla had three shots. YUCK. She has a miserable weekend because of it. She never reacts well to her shots.
Then today I gave a presentation. One of my professors asked me to come to one of her classes to do a presentation about Mikayla and her IFSP(Individual Family Service Plan). So I put some stuff together, including pictures of her hogar and pics from Guatemala. I talked about her life in Guatemala before she came home, the scarce medical information we got leading up to bringing her home, and then the conditions she has since been diagnosed with upon coming home. For me, as her parent, I am seeing BOTH sides of this. I see the teacher aspect, and I also feel the frustration of being stuck in the system waiting for services. We are going on almost 4 months of waiting to get her services. I have a friend in a nearby county who called like three weeks ago to even START the process, we started ours in OCTOBER, and now her child is going to start getting services NEXT WEEK!!! It's not right and it's very unfair. The good news is that Mikayla has finally gotten in and her teacher will be coming to do a home visit next Friday....and then she can FINALLY start her classes and therapy there. It was a good presentation and Mikayla was quite the hit:-)
On Friday Alec AND Mikayla are going to spend the night with my mom and dad. I have a DR appointment that day and so my mom offered to watch the kids so I could go. Well....that turned into her taking the kids HOME for the night. So Kris and I are going out and the kids will get some great one on one time with their grandma and grandpa. We are HOPING to go to dinner with Joe and Gina...c'mom Kayla...babysit for them one more time. They need to come out with us!
So here are some pictures. I took these tonight of Kayla and Alec. Alec was DIRTY because he has just gotten back from T-Ball practice. LOL. The first picture, however, is of Mikayla and her daddy...he was who she wanted when she came home from getting her shots. She was NOT happy:-(


10 comments:
They are so cute. :) The first picture of your DH and Mikayla is so sweet!
When did Mikayla's hair get so long??? I guess I hadn't been paying attention before. :)
What cuties! I'm a sucker for Daddy-Daughter pics.
4 months, that doesn't make any sense. Have you called to see if they can come earlier? My peditrician sent a letter to them and we got in pretty quick. You may want to try that if you hadn't all ready. And as always your children are adorable!
Such cute pictures! I love the dress...adorable!
So so cute!!!!!
I know your voice will be heard and that Mikayla will get the therapy she needs. Glad to hear that school is almost out and that you will get to enjoy the summer off! Have fun on your night with no kids!!! As always, your kiddos are ADORABLE!
hi mindy - i LOVE the new pics of Mikayla (and Alec of course). Her hair is getting VERY long!!! Are you going to let it grow out? :) gosh Haylee BARELY had hair at 20 months...LOL!
anyway - have a great last few weeks of school!!!
love
melissa
so cute, as always!! Mikayla looks sooo grown up, with her long locks - beautiful!
I know that this must sound crazy but I came across your blog and couldn't believe my eyes. I had to share your blog with some friends of ours because your daughter and their daughter look almost identical. It amazed us so much that we were trying to figure out if there was any way they are related. Even our two year olds says it Abbie when he sees your blog. Abbie is our son's best friend. They were in Guatemala together. I would love for you to email me. I would love to show you pictures of Abbie. I think that you too would be amazed at the similarities. Please feel free to email me at milne.angie@gmail.com. It would be great to touch base.
Blessings,
Angie
Post a Comment