I had so many big dreams. I have always been a HUGE dreamer and one who sets massive goals and fully expects to make them happen. I am a go-getter, that's just who I am. What was I thinking that day? I was thinking first of all how glad I was to be DONE with high school. I wasn't really going to miss it, and I never did. I was also making plans. I had plans. I wanted to go to school to get my degree to become a teacher. That I knew for sure. I also knew I wanted to find Mr. Right ASAP and get married and start a family. After that, who knew...I knew though that in the next few years those things were going to be accomplished. So did I do it? Because it's been ten years for me this year. Ten years since I threw that cap in the air and declared my goals.
Is life what I thought? I would have to answer that as 90% yes. While I have still not graduated, but will next Spring, I did get to marry the man of my dreams and I do have the family I always wanted. Adoption sure wasn't in my plans but sometimes a change of plans can result in the best thing ever! I never dreamed I would be the wife of a police officer! Are you kidding me? No...never would have thought that although I do get out of every ticket:-) I didn't think I would be living in Canton, I always thought I would grow up in my hometown of Lexington...but God had "amendments" to my plans. And they were the right ones for my life!
So now that my family is complete and my graduation is around the corner, what are my goals and dreams for the next 10 years? I am not sure right now...although I do have some ideas because like I said....I AM a dreamer.
Life is what we make of it. Sometimes the journey is not what you think, sometimes it turns out just like you think it will. But at the end of the day, life is only what YOU make of it. We each have the power to shape our futures, to make goals, to live and make our dreams a reality. No regrets...only lessons learned...and, well, here's to the next ten years!
So here is one HUGE mix and match assortment of pictures that I took over the past week. Things have been CRAZY around here this week. Alec has had Vacation Bible School all week long in the evenings, and he started Safety School up at the elementary this morning. He graduates from Friday from Safety School, his last night of Vacation Bible School is tomorrow, and he has a game both Thursday and Friday too. On Friday Kris and I have the annual Police K-9 Association Banquet to attend (mom is coming up to watch the kids) and then on Saturday we head to Joe and Gina's because CHRISTIAN just turned TWO yesterday and it's his party:-)
Hopefully Mikayla will be feeling all better. On Monday, in the middle of Alec's game she was just "grumpy" and had been grumpy for several days. She was acting and playing like normal, she was just a little "off." So I took her to Statcare and low and behold she has another double ear infection. The doctor said THIS one is so bad that her eardrum was nearly perforated. Lovely. The fun life of living with a child that has SID. She has a HUGE tolerance to any and all types of pain and doesn't respond to most pain at all. Therefore she gets these ear infections and we don't know she has them! So she is on the mend with the whole lovely snot thing going on too. OK...long post...here are the pictures!
So the post wouldn't be complete without a graduation picture of me! Right!?FAILED BIRTHDAY PHOTO SHOOT.
I was trying to get a good picture of her in her birthday dress for her invitations. Nope. Didn't happen. Used an old picture instead. LOL.
Kris was SOOO sick on his birthday...that's why I didn't take pictures. But...I did manage to convince him to let me take just this one!


6 comments:
Do you know how old you are making me feel? When I first starting teaching high school, you could have been my student. :( Yikes!! :) I hope Miss M is feeling better soon - I have one with a double ear infection right now also.
Good post!
My life has made some turns I didn't expect either but I am so glad that it did!
Have a great weekend!
Andrea
She's got such beautiful hair! Hope she's better real soon! Isabella had a double ear infection in April. Her left eardrum perforated. We had her follow up hearing test last week to test for long term damage, but there is none - thank goodness! Enjoy this weather.
Happy birthday Kris!
As always Mindy, your kids are stunning.
I think statcare houls give you a frequent visitor discount:) Sorry to hear you've had sick one, praying that EVERONE feels better soon. I love these pictures! Where did you find Mikayla's birthday dress...it's adorable! Yes I often wonder why we bother to plan things when God has the real plan already made for us, but he does work in wonderful ways! Have a great weekend!
I love your post and all of the photos. I hope everyone gets better soon...and Happy Birthday Kris!
Post a Comment