Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten EVE

Well...the Speed Racer Bookbag is packed, his crayons, pencils, etc. are labeled, all the "extras" I bought for the class are packed up, his Train Name Tag has been colored and is ready to hang up, his clothes are hanging on the closet door of his room....it's Kindergarten Eve everyone. Alec is smiling and thrilled, mommy is sad and depressed. Bring me the Kleenex...I need a real good cry.

4 comments:

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Hang in there!

Megan said...

Sniff...sniff...sniff!! SO sweet and so sad ;) I cannot imagine how that will feel when Mason heads off to kindergarten. Hang in there!

Melissa De Mers said...

he is gonna LOOOOOOVE Kindergarten and he will be doing things that will astound you by the end of the year. :) have fun alec!!

Jen said...

Mindy,
I so feel your pain. Picked him up this afternoon (WEDS) and he was a diffrent kid~ already so independent:) Hang in there, everyone keeps telling me it gets better... Thursday a.m. is going to be another tough one on me! Looking forward to having him all to myself over the long weekend...Going to be lots and lots of hugs and snuggles. Keep your chin up, girlfriend!
Love,
Jen