Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WOW! School is starting!

OK so it's not much about ME going back to school because I am used to starting school in the fall, it's about ALEC starting school. Alec...my little baby boy! What happened? Where is my baby? He is gone. Let me tell you, the baby is gone, the toddler is gone, the pre-schooler is gone, and now he is a little man starting KINDERGARTEN. OMG....NO! I took him out the other day to get his school supplies and he was so excited. He picked out his bookbag, which is Speed Racer, his new favorite thing, and was so into getting his school supplies. I took him while Mikayla was at her Toddler Group/Therapy. I have to say I love that while Mikayla is at her class for those two mornings a week, I get to spend one-on-one time with Alec. Her school is too far of a drive to come back home so Alec and I have a routine that we do every Monday and Wednesday morning. We drop Mikayla off and then we head over to McDonalds playland for pancakes and fun. We do this EVERY time. And while I don't eat (I am not a breakfast person) Alec gets the napkins and straws and sets the table up while I wait for the order to come up. We sit at the same booth every time and he gets pancakes every time. He calls it Pancake Day. Then we usually head over to Wal Mart which is nearby as well and shop around. Those are OUR mornings together, just him and I, and I treasure them.



Alec will be attending afternoon Kindergarten. We got to pick AM or PM and I chose PM because it will fit better with my student teaching in the Spring. But is is wreaking HAVOC on the fall schedule. UGH. There are 15 kids in his little class and tomorrow we go in for his student evaluation. School started in our district today but they do a phase-in program for Kindergarten. His class phases in next Wednesday and his first day on his own is next Thursday. On his phase-in day I take him, stay with him while they do all the school tours, etc. and then I LEAVE. I LEAVE people. Like, as in, LEAVE HIM THERE AND HE RIDES THE BUS HOME. Gina is coming down to watch Mikayla while I take Alec in because Kris is working obviously. I told her BE PREPARED. There is NO question that I will open that door and cry like there is no tomorrow. I am totally tearing up now just thinking about how I am going to cry THEN. So needless to say...I am going to be one red, hot mess that afternoon. ROFL.

This is weekend is the big birthday bash and Alec is so excited about it. It's a super fun swimming party at the rec center here in town. Alec picked Speed Racer for his b-day theme! Well SIX YEARS OLD....here Alec comes!!!







4 comments:

Stacey and Dewey said...

How fun that you and Alec get to spend some one on one time together. I'm sure those will be memories that you both will treasure for years to come.
I have no idea how I will handle the boys starting school, I can't breathe when I start to think about it so I'm sure it won't go well.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

My nephew is starting kindergarten this year too so I have watched my sister be a mess. She even cried when he picked out his book bag. I can't say that I will be any different though. :)

Have fun at the party!!

Andrea

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Have a great birthday party! And good luck with starting school.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Alec to have a wonderful school year and a smooth transition for all. Happy Birthday Alec !

Love, the Gower Family