RAIN WONT SPOIL OUR FUN!!!
Sadly, it did in fact rain on our parade. I watched today as the weather slowly moved in and just as we were about to pile in the van to head to Cleveland.....mother nature decided to make me VERY unhappy. It POURED rain the entire night. Only about half of the total families that were supposed to come ended up coming, which I have to say I can't blame them! But there were a few of them that did come and then a few more that stuck it out with us until the end. Honestly, believe it or not, we had super fun. I wish it had been a little warmer, it's about 50 here, because once we got really wet, we got REALLY cold. We were there until 8:30 so almost three hours. And it was really busy too! So we were not the only crazy ones that braved Boo at the Zoo today. I am, however, really sad and disappointed for our group. This would have been a wonderful evening for everyone if it wouldn't have rained. It's just such a shame:-( I made treat bags for all the kids filled with cookies I baked last night and gave the children glow sticks too. I came home with a lot of the leftovers so it looks like we will be eating cookies for the next few days:-) Thanks to all of you that came...it was still fun time!



4 comments:
Sorry it rained, but it looks like you guys made the best of it!! And if those homemade cookies include any chocolate chip ones you can mail them to me at 146 Chocalate-o-holic lane!!
So sorry you guys had rain. That really stinks. Love the pumpkins...they look spoooooky.
so sorry about the rain!!! Looks like you guys still had fun! And can I say WOW!!! on the carvings!!! Pretty impressive!
Oh no Mindy! I sang rain, rain, go away for you a million times but Mother Nature wasn't listening. Eventhough you all were soggy & cold it looks like you had a blast! The kids all look adorable! I you need help eating some of your leftover cookies I have a cookie monster named Ethan who would be glad to help you out:) Thanks for all you do in promoting events like this. I wish I lived closer so I could make it to them!
Post a Comment