I was really off on a wild rant the other night but honestly, that post had been building in my head for months and UNEDUCATED sent me over the ledge that day. Well, it was her, a horrible sinus infection, and probably PMS all combined into one happy moment! LOL.
But you are all right...and I just want to say thank you so much for letting me know it's OK in more ways then one. I love how us momma's on here stand up for one another. When one of us is down and out, there is an army of awesome people to pick you right back up. So thanks for understanding me and for validating my feelings!
I met with Mikayla's coordinator on Wednesday. We started discussing what will happen come January when I have to pull her from her school because of my student teaching and also what will happen come Spring when we start the transition process to our school district's preschool. They don't have busing for the infants and toddlers at her school and I can't take her since I will be full time student teaching:-( We don't have any family or friends that live nearby to take her either so it is very, very sad that she won't be able to continue since she does soooo well there. However, by law they will still be required to service her so they will be doing in-home therapy and visits with her at her daycare. As for preschool, she will transition into our local school district preschool for next fall IF IF IF they feel she needs to. Her coordinator said the likelihood of her having to go is pretty good since she is not yet caught up. Kris and I will have to meet with the school district in the spring and then they will begin the MFE's (multi-factored evaluations) on her to determine her range.
Someone, I can't remember who, asked about what I need in my home to help Mikayla. I noted that we don't have the proper equipment to help her. What she needs, for starters, is something like a Step 2 climbing gym with a slide. Mikayla has a constant desire to climb, and climb a lot. I know a lot of kids are climbers but for Mikayla it's abnormal. She NEEDS to climb because she needs the sensory input. Climbing, bouncing, sliding, are all things that help her meet her sensory levels. She is very active so she needs one of these. Her OT and teacher have resommended we get one. We have the room to put one downstairs for her, but unfortunately they are very expensive and we just don't have the money for one right now. They have also suggested an indoor trampoline for her. They are small, special trampolines with railings on them for her to hold on to. The sensory feedback she gets from doing these types of activities help her process regular information better which equals her calming down and having a good day. So that's what I meant by proper equipment. It's all just so expensive!
Below are some pics from the past several days:-) Enjoy and thanks again for all the LOVE.
Alec got his school pictures back today and I love them. Not sure I like the whole folded arms thing they had him do but he did GOOD and looks adorable. Have I posted about the girls in his class sending home their phone numbers and trying to kiss him at school? He talks about them all the time and says he can't decide which one should be his girlfriend. Kris, of course, said to date them all! HAH! No...MOM is the only girl for him right now...that's what I told him!

7 comments:
Mindy, Kris, Alec and Kayla;
JUST adorable pics of the kids:) Keep your chin up Mindy, Kris and family!!! You all are in my thoughts and prayers...
Love,
Jen
Wow, I had no idea her hair was that long! It is beautiful! I would play with it all day too!! Great pictures!
I so wish I lived closer to you! I would love to get to know you in person.
You have a wonderful heart! And yes we adoptive moms can be fierce when someone messes with one of our own.
God made us all strong women for a reason. Because He knew we would need our strenght to get through adoption.
Love ya girl!
Andrea
Try Craigslist for a climber. Sometimes they tend to be a little faded but spray paint works wonders. If I wasn't 3+ hours away I would bring you one myself. Mikayla is just so gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Mindy
you're kids are so cute! I just wanted to say hello, I came across your blog through another friends. We met along time ago in Guatemala when you were I believe visiting your daughter and we were visiting our son!
You can always count on me for support! Glad to see new pics of the sweetie. Her hair is getting so long!
She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment