Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Princess Palace

It is amazing to think that just a few short months ago this was a messy, storage/computer room. As soon as we got back from our visit trip we started in on the transformation. It is now complete. All I have to do is put pictures in some of the frames but I am waiting until after our pick up trip to do it. I want some FAMILY pictures. These pictures really don't do the room justice but I know I have a lot of people asking to see them so here they are.

The front of the crib







This is one of the pictures I painted for her walls. I painted two of them and they are mirror images of each other. There is one on each side of the crib.



The dresser with lots of PINK





Her glider...complete with a three generation cabbage patch collection. The one on the left in the blue was the one I bought for her, the one in the middle was mine when I was a child, and the one on the right was my Grandma Rosie's and she gave it to Mikayla.













This is a picture of the name paintings I did and they hang above her changing table.



This is the back corner of her room.




This is the toy box that our sweet neighbor Rich made for Mikayla. I stained and painted it.





This the bow holder I made for her to hold the hundreds of bows I have ordered. Most of them are packed for the pick up trip so it looks a little bare in this picture!





Close up of the ceiling fan blades that I painted.






A peek inside her closet. She has SO MANY CLOTHS and I have a lot of them packed for the pick up trip! This closet is packed full with her clothes, stroller, baby bath, portable high chair and even some of Alec's Christmas gifts that I have not opened up for him yet.

2 comments:

Jenny and Matt said...

Ok. You're ready. Bring home the baby!

Alleen said...

I just found your blog. congrats on your princess coming home very soon!!!!

Can I just say, you are talented!! I love all the painting you did. I would kill for 10% of that talent. I just ordered one of the bow holders from eBay since there's no way I could do one myself.

Stop by our blog sometime and say hello.