My very first picture with my daughter...and the very first time I held her. This was taken right outside the front doors at the Marriott right after I took her out of the car.
She was getting sleepy here:-)
All smiles playing with daddy!
This was taken just moments before we handed her back to our attorney. That was the most difficult thing we ever had to do. I have never seen my husband cry so freely. We literally choked on our food at breakfast that morning knowing what was coming. I love this picture...it is so beautiful.
On of our family pictures taken by Kerry (mommy to Maya!)

11 comments:
Time flies! The picture of your husband and daughter brought tears to my eyes... you could just see how much he was falling (or had already completely fallen :) in love with Mikayla. You have a beautiful family.
Mindy and Kris,
I remember each and every picture you posted and every emotion I had seeing each picture you would send of our grandaughter and I would just stare at them over and over. The video clips are just hard to put into words aren't they. Magical and just so wonderful that you will have those to share with Mikayla Faith some day. She is our little miracle and may she always, always know how much she is loved and so very wanted.
I know remembering those emotions you felt last year at this time was special for you today.
Mom
soooooooooooooooo precious. WOW - nothing like a good look back at where we were and where we are:)
What a difference a year can make! Such a beautiful little blessing in your lives. Happy anniversary!
amazing the difference a year can make!
FYI... I have been out of town for two weeks, and for the past week been trying to get caught up on all things in my life.
While I was gone from blog world, you and your family were going through some tough things. Know that I am so happy to hear the outcome of the surgery last Tuesday.
I must say that while I was at my parents in Ohio, I thought about you a ton and prayed every time...not knowing what was going on, but felt the need to pray.
Your Mom's health will forever be in my prayers. My mom had cancer cells removed about two years ago... praise God she is all clear as of now. I know your shoes and will be praying for you as well.
Missed you guys!
Jane
Oh how one year changes things! I know I will cherish the memories of holding my Bella for the first time. I just can't imagine giving her back. We only went to Guat at pick up because I was sure I couldn't handle the visit. I'm glad you made it through and have wonderful memories of that time. Bet wishes!
awesome and amazing! God's love for us. It was great seeing these pics and the videos - too cute. Haylee sure loved watching them too.... :)
Awwwww I remember this like it was yesterday. You were one of the first people I knew to visit while we were waiting on our referral so I was so excited for you!!! :) The thought of the visit trip was such a foreign concept to me at that point. HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of your heart being changed forever! :)
Mindy---your post gave me goosebumps. I'm so glad we live in a time of digital cameras and video cameras. It's amazing to not only have the memories, but also the pictures/movies. What a great weekend for you guys!!
Mindy, WOW, so precious. Love those kids, wish so much we were closer. Let me know how your mom's appt goes today, OK? Aunt Zell
What a wonderful anniversary to get to celebrate!! You have a wonderful family and are truly blessed! Even admist all your turmoil right now..the blessings and graces are being showered down!
Post a Comment