So fall is almost here and with fall comes leaves and I am turning over a new one. It's called a DIET! When I started my fertility meds in December of 05 I gained weight almost instantly. Seriously. It was like..."oh, here you go....have some FAT!" Well I sick of it. I have done nothing to lose the weight ever since and the adoption made me gain a lovely 10 more pounds. Got on the scale today...thank God I haven't gained any weight in the past 6 months...but the number glaring back at me in all of it's glory was NOT a happy one. No, I am NOT going to tell you what it was. HAH. However, I will tell you that I have 20 pounds to lose to be semi-happy and 25 would be perfect. Not a whole lot but not a whole little either.
I am the WORST eater. My close friends know that I make midnight runs to the gas station for Skittles. I am 100% addicted to Skittles and Coke. We do NOT eat healthy in this house. I usually eat for the first time everyday around 4:00 pm. Yes, you read that right. I do not eat breakfast OR lunch so I eat dinner and I snack on Skittles and Cheez-Its the rest of the night. BAD. Two years ago, right before I went on the fertility meds I did Weight Watchers. It was sooooooo easy and the weight fell off. Well, starting Tuesday (I am not starting on monday..it's a holiday...I deserve cake or something that day!) I am back to the diet.
Luckily I am one of those people that once I decide to do something I don't waver. I do it. So once I start this diet I won't quit until I am happy. It has just been getting to the point to DO the diet. But I love clothes, I love fashion, and I miss my body. And I am getting it back. To keep myself accountable I am going to post each week how much weight I have or haven't lost. I feel like putting this on my blog and proclaiming it to the world that I am going on a diet forces me to go on it for some reason. SO.....here I go! I will keep you posted and if anyone wants to join me then feel free!
*****OH....and make sure you check out Alec's birthday post below!*****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
You can do it! Skittles and Coke! LOL!
Does that mean your "mini skirts" are coming back!??? hehe!
I am all for the "being in the best shape and health we can be in though" , so I am on this journey with you too!
No more Pepsi for me :(
I am sticking to my iced green tea from Starbucks though! I will just stop saying the "sweetened" before the word iced.
You, me and Mikayla will have to get some really awesome, cute red top to wear for our Christmas 2007 pictures I want to have taken!!! The "boys" in white tops? Or what do you think? So heres to really great Christmas pictures with our whole new look!!!!!!!
I love you so much Mindy!
Mom
I AM JOINING YOU !! Just today I decided that I have had enough !! Before the adoption process I had just finished WW . I dropped 20 pds and was happy with that. Well then the living in Guatemala came and between the stress and living on orange soda 'cause I always felt sick , I put 15 pds back on. Now after being back I have lost 5 but would like to lose 10 more to be back down !!! I have noticed its been very hard for me to lose since we got back and I am not sure if it is stress or me turning the big 30 !!!!!!
20 sounds like a good # for me also...You help me and I will help you try and stop the late night Skittle run..LOL...
Mindy...I want to join you too!!!! I keep procrastinating. I am the WORSE procrastinator!!!
I want to lose 5-7 lbs and I just want to FIRM up. I need to do this. I WANT to be healthy. I need to be, I want to show Haylee how to keep in shape.
We DO NOT eat healthy here either! But I have been avoiding soda. I drink only water (3 liters a day) and vitamin water (dragonfruit is the BEST).
I am going to buy a Cardio Kick Boxing DVD by Billy Blanks cuz I love his enthusiasm. :o) He gets me excited to PUNCH - KICK - PUNCH!
I don't know if you remember but 18 months after I had Haylee, I did Weight Watchers and lost 30 whopping lbs!! WOO HOO!! You can DO it Mindy!!!!!
Love ya
Mel
mindy
im right there with ya!!!!! and the same number is for me too- at least 20, 25 would be great :) i've been saying those same numbers too!
im trying to lose the baby weight ... ughh..it gets harder every time! but i can do this.. just like you!
Mindy -- right there with you girl! I've been saying all summer that I need to lose weight. Of course, living back in Maine with delicious homemade ice cream on every corner didn't necessitate losing weight exactly. Okay, back in NC, getting ready to drive across the country and start a new life in sunny southern Cal. Need to feel the part -- including the healthy lifestyle. So, my plan is to lose 5-10 pounds, but most importantly to just get moving again. I'll post on my blog my track record as well.
What a great idea to be accountable to each other! Thanks for starting this ball rolling. We can all do it!
Good luck, Mindy! Skittles at midnight---that is too funny :)
I have a good 5 to 10 I'd like to see gone myself. But if we are starting another adoption in the next couple months--I know it will come off then. Worry Weight Loss. I easily lost that much in PGN----didn't you lose too in PGN? Maybe you should....no just kidding :)
At any rate, I know you will stick to it and do great!
NiCole
Mindy,
Rob and I thought of you and Mikayla because it was this weekend one year ago that we met our girls for the first time. Rob and I just thought about it tonight at dinner. What a blessing those sweet girls are and Happy Birthday to one Amazing big brother Alec!!!! Lots of hugs to your family!!!
Post a Comment