Sunday, November 11, 2007

Devon's 1st Birthday Party!!!!

Today we had the honor of attending sweet Devon's First Birthday Party!!! She is such a sweetheart and I love Tara and her family so much. We met almost a year ago at one of the little North East Ohio get-togethers we have here and we have been friends ever since:-)

I drove up to Gina's and then we drove to the party together since Gina knew where it was. There were four little Guatemalan sweethearts and the party. Christian, Mikayla, Isabella, and of course Miss. Birthday Girl Devon! I hope that these kids can grow up and really get to know each other as the years pass us by.

Tara gave the sweetest little speech that had me all teared up, doesn't take much, about Devon and the long road of adoption and how it meant so much to have her friends and family with her today to celebrate! Tara...you are such an awesome person and a great friend! Truly!

In all the preparation chaos (you know how that is if you have ever done a party) Tara forgot to put the memory stick in her camera so I took tons of pics and e-mailed some of them to her. So if you read her blog, and mine, that is why you are seeing duplicate pictures:-)

After the party, Mikayla and I went back to Gina's to hang out for a bit and watch the end of the Browns/Steelers game. We, of course, wanted to see the Browns kick butt while Joe and Gina, being born and raised in Pittsburgh, didn't want that at all! LOL. Joe was at the game and needless to say...he came home happy. I, personally, don't care anything about football or the Browns. I am an OHIO STATE fan and yesterday, well, that was a bad day for us OSU fans:-( Enough about football. I don't even like football...I would rather watch Nascar and I am serious. Did you have me pegged as a Nascar fan? Well I am...and so is my hubby. I was born and RAISED in racing in case you didn't know. Have been to tons of races myself and who is my racer? Tony Stewart. Do you still love me knowing I watch Nascar religiously? You know you do!!

So I drove home in the blinding, pouring rain and then Kris, Alec, Mikayla and I headed to Target so I could run in and buy us Venti Sweetened Iced Green Teas from Starbucks (we have one in our Target) and pick up a pizza. Came home, ate pizza, and put the kids in bed....it was a GREAT day:-)

P.S. I have been totally forgetting to update you on my weight loss. I have just been so darn busy!!! I weighed myself this morning at I am at 19 pounds lost. I am actually very, very content at the weight I am at right now. I will have to have Kris take a picture of me and I will find a "before" picture and you can see the difference.

The Birthday Family
Isabella
Christian
Devon and Isabella...they are good buddies like Christian and Mikayla:-)
My girl Gina with Mikayla
Birthday Girl!!!

Opening gifts!!
Mikayla intently watching the gift pile!
ON THE RUN.......
Mmmmmm...CAKE!
Soooooo GOOD!
Christian making sure Mikayla isn't stealing any of his toys
This is Mikayla contemplating which toy she might like to steal
Busy, Busy kiddo's!
It was perfectly clean in her living room for a whole three seconds...then...the mess began!
Tonight, back at home, this is Mikayla eating dinner and laughing at her big brother as he stomped around the living room wearing my shoes. LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweethearts is right!!!! These pics are all so precious! Can I just say again how much I am glad you blog Mindy and I can share in your days through it! I am so happy it was a great day and a great party for Devon. What a little princess.
And I just can't get enough pictures of Mikayla and Christian. Those two are just too much!!!!! They are just the cutest things together and I am sure will grow up to be the best of friends! How can they not!
And sweetened green ice tea from Starbucks.....NO FAIR!!!!!!!
Love you honey,
Mom

Joe and Gina said...

We had so much fun today. I'm glad we could go to the party together, it was nice just chatting in the car with the kiddos watching Elmo. What would we do without portable DVDs and Elmo..LOL..I forgot to tell you Christian cried when you guys got in the van..He wanted Mikayla to come back and play some more...

veggiemom said...

Looks like you all had a blast!
Happy birthday, Devon. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Bobbi said...

What great pictures!! The friends we make through adoption are truely precious.

Your children are beautiful. Your daughter looks like she has boundless energy.

I read your comment on Kerri's site about teething tablets. I am going to give them a try. Thank you for the advice.

Jane said...

the Browns fan I can deal with (growing up in NE OH, I was a Browns fan, until I moved to The 'Burgh, the Browns went to Baltimore, and I started dating a native Pittsburgher)
Now I am a Steelers fan...sorry.

And NASCAR....never would have guessed it from you, you girly-girl! But TONY STEWART!!!????!!! That is just WRONG! Did you know that Dave Blaney is from OHIO!?! you need to root for the home town (state) boy!

Can't wait to see the pics!

you could always have Alec take the pic since he typically cuts off your head, he would get the weight loss!