As I sit down at my computer desk tonight, and look around at the complete chaos that I live in called a "home with children," I find myself feeling nothing less the total and complete joy. It has a lot to do with the impending holidays. The feel and look of the season are all around us now. Decorations are starting to be put up, the toys are beginning to sell out, and holiday music is starting to be heard throughout all my favorite stores. The holidays. My favorite time of the year. So much laughter...so much JOY. But not last year...not for me. Last year it was about this time that the reality of missing
Mikayla's First Christmas was setting in. A reality that I tried, with all my heart, to face as best I could for the sake of Alec and the sanity of my husband. Last year I can very much remember going through the motions of the holidays, and dreading the family events where I would be asked countless upon countless times when our daughter would come home. When. When would she come home??? I didn't know and hearing that question being asked by well-wishers holding their OWN sweet children adorned in fantastic holiday attire bit me hard...right at my heart and soul. I would smile, answer politely that I didn't know when she would be home, and then come home only to end up in her finished nursery, melting down with raw emotions and tears. Those nights would end with Kris coming up to get me, to pull me up from my low, and to tuck me into bed, where I would cry myself to sleep...my arms and heart empty as
Mikayla laid her sweet head on the pillow in her crib thousands of miles away from her mom, dad, and brother.
Thankfully, although we didn't know it, our time was almost due, and the day after a less then
JOYful New Years, we
received word we were OUT of
PGN.
Mikayla Faith....she was coming home...and that was when the JOY began.
Mikayla turned 17 months old yesterday and so tonight I wanted to post about the JOY that she brings to our lives. She makes me laugh and smile all the time. She is so funny...everything that she does and the ways in which she does them are so...well...so
Mikayla! The pain the process brings is never forgotten, never, but it fades to a distant memory over time. And this holiday season, as I see the decorations and hear the music...I don't feel sadness...I feel JOY. I feel joy because my life has been so richly blessed with an amazing husband who is everything to me, and two completely beautiful and wonderful children. Both of which bring their own uniqueness and personalities to our family. I love them both so much..so very much...they BOTH bring me so much.....JOY!

Welcome to the World! This is our referral picture!
~One Month Old~
~Two Months Old~
~Three Months Old~

~Four Months Old~

~Five Months Old~

~Six Months Old~

~Seven Months Old and COMING HOME!!! (Taken on our pick up trip)~

~Eight Months Old~

~Nine Months Old~

~Ten Months Old~

~Eleven Months Old~

~Twelve Months Old~

~Thirteen Months Old~

~Fourteen Months Old~

~Fifteen Months Old~

~Sixteen Months Old~

~SEVENTEEN MONTHS OLD!!!~
I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for their well wishes and prayers for me this past weekend. I am still in a lot of pain and running high fevers. I will be calling my Urologist tomorrow to see if this is normal or if I should go in and see her. I will let everyone know of course tomorrow.
14 comments:
You made me all teary-eyed. :) I love the life in pics of sweet Mikayla.
Kerri and Ruby
Crying tears of joy for all of us who are experiencing this first Christmas with our newest additions to our families!! You said exactly how I feel ; )
awww that was a SWEET post! i keep my Christmas cards every year and as i was unpacking all of my decor, i came across the pile of 2006 Christmas cards. of course i thumbed through them, a lot of them with pictures. i came across YOURS (i remember we sent out the same identical card last yr, remember?) with your picture of kris, you, and alec in front of the Christmas tree, holding a huge picture of mikayla.
i could SEE the sadness in your eyes but you still mustered up a smile. you're such a STRONG person and even if you don't think you are, you REALLY REALLY are.
praise GOD mikayla gets to spend her Christmas this year with your sweet family. i just know you'll have a happy eyed smile in your picture this year. :)
Love ya dearly,
Melissa
get better YOU:)
I am praying for you and I can hardly believe how fast time is going by!! These babies are growing so fast!!!!!!!!
Love to you and yours:)
Julia:)
mindy, i can truly say "I UNDERSTAND" 100% of everything you typed is what I can relate to this Christmas! What a JOY these beautiful children in our lives are!! lots of hugs to you!!
praise God for bringing your baby home to you!
And I wish I had been on the computer this weekend.... I had no idea you were needing prayer. Oh Mindy, I pray that you feel better soon. Please God, our might physician, heal Mindy's body of this kidney stone and her kidney issues.
AAwww! That really was such a sweet post! Since you didn't get to spend her first Christmas with her all of the rest will be that much more special! You are so blessed to be the mommy that God chose for Mikayla...she is a lucky girl!
Have a great holiday season and I am still praying for you and the pain that you are in...hopefully it will go away soon!
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth (Melissa's sister!)
i so can relate to this christmas as well...we were counting on caleb and mia both being home and had tons of gifts under the tree but this christmas will be many firsts for all of us and our kids!
I know the feelings you are talking about. I've been there, too, and there are so many families who will feel these gut-retching feelings this holiday so I wish them all peace. They too will have these JOYful feelings!
I am praying for you Mindy!! I really hope you are feeling better soon!! I love seeing all the pictures of Mikayla she has grown so much! She is just beautiful!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
I will also be praying for you! I hope you feel better! I feel so fortunate to be spending the first Christmas with my daughter. And I am happy that you get your complete Christmas this year.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Andrea
Hey Mindy... just wanted to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you're feeling ok....
Mindy...I came upon your blog...and little Mackenzie is so very cute. You have truly been blessed! May you enjoy your Thanksgiving with her and your family.
Love and Hugs..
Hi Mindy,
I just wanted to say Hi and I was thinking about you and your family. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment