Today we went to The Pine Tree Barn in Wooster to get our Christmas Tree! It's a beautiful place and they had animals, a
restaurant, amazing gift shops, and so much more. It was so much fun! And they have MILES of Christmas trees. We took the "Pine Tree Express" which was made up to look like a train back into the fields and that is where the adventure began. We must have walked over three miles in search of the perfect tree. We only wanted one specific type of tree because the needles are softer so that made it more difficult for us to find:-) We did, however, find the PERFECT ONE! It was a great, great time and even though I was still in some pain, it was
sooooo worth it. Alec thought it was great and
Mikayla was fascinated by all the trees and the decorations at the main shop.
Now you know it wouldn't be "us" if there wasn't SOME kind of drama....
LOL. When Kris was cutting down the tree one of the branches poked him real good in the eye. REAL good. It was so bad that where is he now? THE EMERGENCY ROOM. My awesome neighbor came over here so I could take him down and drop him off, the kids are
asleep, and Rich is right now on his way to go pick Kris up. What a great neighbor:-) We love Rich. So Kris called and said that he has an abrasion on his eye and has to put an antibiotic ointment on it. It's so bad that he can't drive or anything. He really did a number on it, poor guy, all in the spirit of Christmas! I love my hubby!
UPDATE: Kris is home and he has a Corneal Abrasion in his right eye. Please pray for him...he is in a whole lot of pain with it.
Riding on the Pine Tree Express

A quick shot of the trees

Mikayla was SOOOO excited by all of this

Alec of course was too!

He kept looking and looking for the RIGHT tree

HERE IT IS! "THE ONE"

Me and my Kiddo's

This was ONE excited child!

The fun begins

Down it GOES!

Did I mention that Kris had to HAUL the thing over a half a mile back to the main shop?

Playing in one of the shops

Would she look? NOPE

Alec playing trains...BIG surprise...HAH

Mikayla trying to steal the train parts

Back at home:-)

Alec wanted to hug the tree before he headed off to bed

Mikayla isn't sure WHAT to think of this new addition to the living room...we are going to decorate it tomorrow night! We have a fun night planned and there will be LOTS more pictures tomorrow!
Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!
9 comments:
I have been just waiting to see these! What fun Mindy! You all look so festive in your red! What memories you made today for the kids! Poor daddy though:(
Yes, you found the perfect tree! Can't wait to see it all decorated tomorrow. Bring on the popcorn and cookies!
Hugs and praying for Kris!
Mom
I love the fact that you are building awesome memories with your family I just hate that it ended up in a trip to the ER. But it definetly reminds me of my family. :) Have fun decorating the tree! I look forward to the pics.
Andrea
OMG - so sorry about Kris! Glad you did get the tree though. Love the pic of Alec giving it a hug. Too cute!
Kerri and Ruby
Oh my goodness, do they know your names in the ER? You poor guys!!! i feel so bad that you've been sick for so long and now Kris gets it in the eye. What a great guy! All in the Christmas spirit!
I LOVE the pics, Alec & Kayla are just adorable and I really pray I get to meet you all one day. I do love your precious family!
Take care and get better soon!!
I can't believe it! That black cloud has to move on! Praying that Chris gets feeling better soon! The tree looks great.. can't wait to see it all decorated! Alec & Kayla look like they can't wait to get it finished! Adorable pics as ALWAYS!
I think I have eaten at that restaurant before... is it The Barn? Way back in '86 I dated a guy who went to the OSU branch at Wooster... we went to eat there a time or two.
How long will Kris be without wheels... he can't work without a car. I will be praying for his recovery.
LOVE M's face while looking at the tree in the living room...so adorable your little girl is.
Gorgeous Pictures!
so sorry about kris...when it rains it pours...i am sending lots of hugs and prayers to you guys
Hope your poor hubby's eye is ok. looks like such a fun time -- you did find the PERFECT tree!!
Post a Comment