Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a super nice day today! For me, it started out with taking Alec into his Preschool Party even though today isn't one of the days that he goes in usually. He had all his Valentine's ready to go and was SO proud of all of them. He picked CARS ones and gave each of his classmates candy too:-) While he was at the party I ran over to Best Buy to get Kris his V-day gift from me. He has been wanting an Apple IPod so that's what he got. I then headed back to get Alec, the party was only for an hour really, and then me and kids headed over to grocery to get some steaks and such for a V-day Dinner. Then back home to get ready for the day! The kids got some wonderful V-day gifts in the mail from their grandparents and other family and friends. Kris got home at 3:30 and he said he had to "head out" with Alec. Hmmmmmm. They came back an hour later with a very pretty bag:-) We had a super nice family dinner complete with Valentine's Day cookies and then we all opened our gifts. Alec got (from us) a new Webkinz, several candies and such, and some small toys and Mikayla got a HUGE stuffed dog that she carried around all night long. I gave Kris his IPod which he was SHOCKED over and then my big surpirse??? A 1 carat princess cut diamond journey necklace. Can we say love at first sight?? WOW is all I can say! I was VERY SHOCKED! I guess that means I must be a pretty darn good wife and mommy! LOL.

Hope everyone had a wonderful V-day! I will try to post again before we leave for Niagara Falls on Sunday. Kris and Alec are heading up to Quicken Loans Arena for the Monster Truck Nationals and I will be getting ready for our 2nd post-placement visit (adoption related for those of you who don't know. We have to have visits from a social worker per our agency contract every once in awhile to make sure things are going OK). Then Sunday morning off we head to CANADA! Hopefully we will have good driving weather! School was canceled around here Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday this week! Lots of snow:-)


This is the stock photo of my necklace! He really did GOOD! I love it:-)

Alec with his teacher Miss. Ashley (who was in ALL my classes at Walsh and graduated while I was off from school because of the adoption...how cool!)
Alec and one of his buddies (who hugs him every time we leave)
I am up to no good today mom
That's right...I might go tub-climbing again (see last picture for more info on tub-climbing)
She loves Alec's old rocking chair
Loving her pretty boots
Smiling with her Lovey

Daddy's Valentine
Ummmm....Mommy's Valentine???
Do I look OK?
Oh yes...I am stylin' today!
Ok this is tub-climbing. We block Mikayla into the living room with the pack-n-play so she is "safe" and can't get into things. I ALWAYS have an eye on her but yesterday I went down to throw the towels in the dryer. She was happily watching Elmo playing with toys. No big deal. I was down there maybe FIVE minutes...maybe a HAIR more and I told Alec to go check on her. He ran back down and said "MIKAYLA IS MISSING." WHAT!?!? I RUN upstairs and can't find her. She had escaped her confinement area of the living room. I ran upstairs and went to her bedroom...no Kayla and then I hear Alec say OOOOOOH MIKAYLA NO NO! OMG she was in the tub people! Alec had JUST gotten out of the bath and the tub still had TONS of bubbles on the bottom and toys from his bubble bath stuff. She escaped first of all, climbed UP the stairs (only 5...we have a split level house), went into the bathroom, climbed into the the tub and the picture below was what I found. A VERY thrilled and proud Mikayal laughing and carrying on playing in the leftover bubbles fully clothed and now soaking wet. See what turning your back for a few minutes can do? It scared the heck out of me and now Kris and I are discussing the options for gating up the stairs.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, daddy did good! He always does! These pictures are so cute! I am so happy Alec got to go to the Valentine's Day party.
You never told me that about Mikayla! How scary is that! Good thing there was no more water in the tub! Yep, I would be considering the gate but know what a pain that will be with Alec going up and down there a hundred times a day. The stairs that really scare me for her is the one going down to the playroom. those are sto steep.
Love to you all!!!! So happy you guys got my package today and on time! YEAH!
Mom

Steve & Amy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! The picture of Mikayla has me rolling on the ground! She just wanted to play in the bubbles Mama:) That's too funny!

Heidi said...

WOW, what a gift! Lucky you! Mikayla is seriously the cutest little thing ever, I love her boots and her shirt.

Becca said...

Very cute pictures - funny! And you husband did a good job!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Looks like your family had a good V-Day. The necklace is beautiful! And the tub story is funny.


Andrea

veggiemom said...

Sounds like you guys had a good valentines day. The tub thing - too funny!
Kerri and Ruby

Katie said...

Oh no the monkey business has started for you !!! Join the club !! :)

Robyn said...

The last pic of Mikayla is hilarious!! She looks like she's having such a great time!! I have a little escape artist, too, and she also likes to hide from me. It scares me to death when she does that!!

I love your V-day present!! Your hubby did very well. Does he give gift lessons to other hubbies? :)

Robyn