This weekend is the 2nd Annual Ohio Guatemalan Adoptive Families Picnic!! I have been working HARD on this since May. It's a lot of work to get everything organized, get people to respond BACK to you when you send the information, and, well, just everything! Very time-consuming. But Sunday is the big day and it will make all the effort sooooo worth while when over 24 families from all across Ohio and even Pennsylvania come together to celebrate our children! We have tons of things to do, lots of good food, and it's a super fun Luau theme this year. I can't wait and I will post pictures of it on Sunday night...I am sure I will be TIRED but I won't be able to resist posting them. If anyone is ever, EVER, interested in receiving the information for the various events I plan throughout the year then PLEASE leave me a comment and I will add you to the e-mail list.
In other news, Mikayla is having an OK week. She seems a little grumpy for some odd reason and I think it's because her top molars are coming in. Her bottom molars are already in. She just won't really eat and seems overly tired this week. Hope she hangs in there for the picnic.
Alec is getting super excited to start school. He has about 3.5 weeks and then he starts, and so do I. I got my student teaching placements a few weeks back and both of them, my special ed placement and my regular ed placement are in Massillon City Schools. I am thrilled about this because I LOVE LOVE LOVE inner-city schools. I want to teach inner-city and so this is perfect for me. I can't wait. In just EIGHT months I will be graduating! WOO HOO! Better late then NEVER, but I always knew I would do this and knew I would get there....even though I had SEVERAL delays along the way.
Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend! Enjoy the summer while it's still here!!!
Sorry...no pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I bet you will have an awesome time at your 2nd annual picnic!! Makes me wish I lived in Ohio!!
Maybe we will see you at Guatoberfest in Myrtle Beach in October.
I am glad Mikayla is recovering from her surgery!!
Hugs,
Sharon
Sounds like a fun picnic!! Can't wait to see pictures! Sorry about the molars...those are the worst!
Please please add us to your list. We used Building Blocks as well and would love to meet some new families with guat tots. My e-mail is mommiemin@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Mindy
We can't wait for tomorrow's picnic! Thanks for all your hard work!
I wish we could come! We are in FL (Cocoa Beach) this week:( But will be blogstalking for pics & stories!
Praying that all goes well. Also praying that after your picnic you can get some much needed REST!!:)
Love ya!
Post a Comment