Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cleaning up around here!

Man....the house really went down the drain while I was student teaching. I mean, I clean all the time, but the CLUTTER. GEEEEEZ. Could I have anymore toys up in here? So last week I painted the dining room on a whim. I have been wanting to do it forever and ever but I went out last Saturday, bought the paint, and went for it. I love it. It's a green shade called Bahia Grass and it's beautiful. I bought tons of new picture frames and am going to do a collage on the one wall. Kris is not happy...he hates hanging pictures and while I can totally do it myself, I make him do it. LOL.

This weekend I am painting my kitchen. I have painted it three times already since we moved in here 6 years ago. But I have never, ever been happy with the color. This time a chose a soft, buttery yellow color that I love. It flows with the other colors in my house. So this weekend I am painting the kitchen.

But that's not even half of it. I took literally everything off all my walls and have been changing it all. Plus, the living room is going "toy free" again. When Mikayla came home the toys invaded the living room and I have had enough. So I have been throwing away the junk toys (missing parts, etc.) and bagging up better toys for Goodwill. Then everything else is getting moved to the family room downstairs (we have a split level home) and it will become the playroom. I can't wait until it's all done but I am the type of person that starts everything all at one time because it forces me to finish. So I have projects started all OVER the house right now. ROFL. It's a real mess in here. Plus, I have been packing away all my college stuff (textbooks, papers, notebooks, binders, etc.) that have littered my computer area for the past 6 years. So far, I have THREE Rubbermaid Totes FULL of JUST school stuff. GEEZ!

I have to get on here in the next few days and post pictures of Mikayla. She is really into wearing her dress up shoes. It's funny and adorable. I really have a true diva on my hands with her. Alec on the other hand, has been happily enjoying the warmer weather lately and playing outside, getting filthy dirty, and practicing for T-ball. He came in tonight covered in mud and I was so upset. He looked at Kris and then at me and said, "dad, tell mom that we are boys and this is just what boys do." Kris looked at me and said, "yup honey, it's how we roll." ROFL.

Have a great weekend everyone...I will be painting and cleaning!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are getting some things done around the house. Can't wait to congratulate you at your party for reaching your goal of finishing school!

Judi and Elaina said...

Can't wait to see pics of Alec and Mikayla and also of all your interior decorating. Maybe it will inspire me. LOL!!