Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm a Kindergarten Teacher!!!!!!

Yes, it happened that quickly. This has actually been going on since last Saturday but until I knew for sure I didn't want to post anything. Last Saturday, just as my aunts and Willy were leaving my house to head to the hotel, my phone rang. It was the Chair of the Education Department at Walsh and she told me that she had just gotten a phone call from a principal that was in need of a Kindergarten teacher. Sadly, it's a tragic story and the teacher of this class very, very unexpectedly passed away. They needed to fill the position quickly and asked Walsh if they would recommend someone. They recommended me!! So I knew that they would be calling all day during my graduation and Sunday night, after I got home from my party, she called. I interviewed Mondy with the principal and I was there for almost two hours. Tuesday morning she called and said that they had selected me to take the position. So Tuesday night I went in and met with some of the other teachers and Wednesday was my first day! This is all so sudden and so exciting, however, it is sad that I am coming into a classroom that just suffered such a tragic loss. I am trying to piece together where in the curriculum this teacher was so that I can try to just pick up where she left off. But, it has been going wonderfully and I am thrilled to have this opportunity. I love the kids and school has welcomed with me such love and open arms. I couldn't have asked for something more amazing to happen....especially so quickly! As for now, I am just there until the end of the school year. I am hoping to be hired in for next year too! I would love to stay at this school!

Here is the video I put together for my graduation party. We didn't get to show it because we didn't have a TV but here it is....

7 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Congratulations on your new position! I know the children and staff are so blessed to have you!

Robyn said...

Congratulations on your graduation and new job!!

Jen said...

That video was BEAUTIFUL! I am now crying...I am soooo happy for you!
Love,
Jen

veggiemom said...

Sorry your new job came at such a tragedy, but congratulations! With your obvious passion the kids in your class are very lucky to have you!

Judi and Elaina said...

Mindy-How very exciting for you!!! What a difficult position you are stepping into but you will do a FANTASTIC job!!! Good Luck-keeping my fingers crossed that you are asked to return next year!!

Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck for next year!

Melissa De Mers said...

omg! congrats! mindy even though it was through a tragedy - i'm so excited for you. i think you are just what these kids need. :) God has opened doors! how exciting!

i know you haven't heard from me in awhile, but i still read your blog and your mom is great about putting pics of your fam on facebook.

love you!