Friday, April 10, 2009

The End of the Road.....Student Teaching

Student teaching has come to an end and it was a real bittersweet experience. I am so excited to be graduating in two weeks but wow will I miss the kids. Especially not knowing when I will be able to get a job myself so that I can have my OWN class of kids. These preschoolers were amazing in every way. When I started off here I wasn't sure if preschool would be my thing or not. But I loved every minute of it. I personally feel that it is a lot more exhausting though then teaching First Grade. I would LOVE to teach preschool for one of our local school districts here.

In our class we had 10 in the morning and 12 in the afternoon. Most of the students were "special needs" with varying disabilities that I will not disclose. I really love working with special needs children and was able to implement a lot of good ideas into this classroom. It was a great experience. Marie, my cooperating teacher, was awesome. I couldn't have asked to have been placed with a better teacher for this experience. We became friends over the course of the past few months and she is coming to my graduation party. She is AWESOME. Her and the teacher aide made a HUGE basket of "stuff" and gave it to me yesterday for my last day. A tiger to represent Massillon Tigers, a teacher bag, a "diva" graduation hat, a Willow Tree teacher, our favorite potato chips we ate everyday, and a ton of other stuff. The best part of it was a scrapbook of all the kids in the class and they used the pictures I took from this huge class project I did. Then they also made me a laminated, bound book of pictures and things the kids and their parents all wrote to me. It all just meant so much. I can't believe it's over.

So...I graduate in TWO WEEKS. Holy cow I made it people. Everything at college is turned in and all I have left if my Student Teaching Banquet. I am ready people....ready to put that cap and gown on and let's face it, cry. It's been a long road to get to this point but I never gave up, never gave in, and I made it. In two short weeks I will have my Bachelor's of Science in Early Childhood Intervention Specialist. WOO HOO.....I am beginning to feel "official."

Have a great Easter everyone....We are heading to Mansfield for Easter Day and I will post pics of the hunt and all the fun on Sunday Night or Monday.

Me with the AM class. No way was everyone going to look at the camera.
Kris came and visited the PM class a few weeks back for a demo.

Me and a student coloring Easter Eggs last week

Me and my cooperating teacher, Marie. Love her.

Me, Marie, and Karen, with the PM class in the gym after our egg hunt.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Adorable PICS Mindy! Thinking of you and the family. Have a Happy and Safe Easter:)
Love,
Jen

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

Congrats!

Joe and Gina said...

WOOHOO!!!! You did it girlfriend. I knew you would make it. Congratulations...