Tonight we left Mikayla for the FIRST time and I was really nervous about it. I know she knows my mom now and that she is bonded very, very well with us...but it still made me nervous. Each June we go to the K-9 Banquet to raise money for the local Police and Sheriff's Office K-9's. It's a great event and tonight we raised a lot of money. There are about 15 K-9's in the County. It is always a fun time.
We got home around 9:00 and both our kids were sound asleep. Grandma did a great job. She even cleaned up the house. I think we need her to come by more often! When I was in school she watched Alec quite a bit while I had class but she hasn't gotten the opportunity in awhile so I know she was really looking forward to today.
The day after tomorrow...Mikalya turns ONE. I am sad...I really am!
My mom took this picture right before we left.

Plato and Kris were the featured picture on the newsletter this year! I love this picture of them. It was taken back in May when he was in Moundsville, WV. And yes, I let Mikayla and Alec play with this dog...he is a sweetie at home:-)
4 comments:
That bottom photo is amazing...wow that dog looks ferocious in that picture! He definitely takes his job seriously! Cute photo of you and your husband...glad you got to enjoy an evening out!
Ok that doesn't look like the Plato I know!! I can't believe how mean he looks! That is the coolest picture! You guys looked so cute tonight and I am glad you had a great time!! It was much deserved! I am ready to get this vacation (not really a vacation though) started!! It is going to be so much fun!!
I am in shock that it is Mikayla's FIRST birthday tomorrow! I am not ready for her to turn one yet! Do you think she can at least hold off until I get there? Ha ha!! We MUST go shopping while we are at your house!! I am sure the guys won't mind watching the kids right?
See you soon....YEAH!!
I am glad that you both had fun. The picture of Plato is awesome! He looks vicious! Enjoy Mikayla's 1st birthday...it is quite a bittersweet moment, that's for sure!
I'm glad you enjoyed your evening out...I love the picture of Plato in action, he is an amazing dog...I still can't believe that is the same dog that Christian was crawling all over...
Post a Comment