Wednesday, June 6, 2007

THANK YOU, Pigtails, and Other Stuff :-)

Today we got a wonderful surprise in the mail from one of the sweetest virtual friends I have. Her name is Kate and she and her husband just got back not too long ago with their beautiful daughter, Gabriela Grace, from Guatemala. While she was there she PM'ed me and told me she had picked up some things for Mikayla. I just have to say that of all the things I have received in the past few months, this package meant a lot to me! I was touched to know that I helped her in some way through her process. I was floored that she did this for Mikalya, and for ME, and it means so much to me and I just can't even find the words. She sent this beautiful sunflower dress ( I ADORE IT), a wonderful Guatemalan Baby Doll, the GORGEOUS outfit Mikayla is wearing in her pictures today....I have never seen an outfit like it and I will treasure it forever, and also a Serenity Prayer Bracelet. Kate...you are truly amazing and I truly can't thank you enough for your generous gifts. I hope Gabi brings you so much joy...I know she will!

OH....you can check out her blog here: http://johnandkatehanson.blogspot.com/

Also...I was inspired today looking at some pictures of sweet girls in pigtails. I couldn't help but wonder if Mikayla's hair was finally long enough for them. I tried it and it WORKED! The hair was falling out a bit in the back but I didn't care...I still thought it was adorable.

Now...at the end of the pictures is another video clip. This is Alec singing a song that he made up for his sister yesterday. We were watching the YouTube clip on Kya's blog about China Adoption and it was like a light bulb went off in Alec's mind. He seemed to finally grasp what adoption meant and seemed to finally understand WHY Mikayla was here but didn't grow in my belly like he did. In the song you can hear some of the things that are on his mind lately. For one, he mentions all of his pets because he is TOTALLY in love with them. He also talks about not leaving us ever. This is because he found out that people get married and leave home and he is PROCLAIMING lately that he will NOT get married and will be living with his mommy and daddy forever so that is why he mentions it. LOL. I can't wait to show him that one when he gets a girlfriend one day...but I will take it for now. It's a sweet video....watch it:-)

I know my mom is LOVING this dress as much as I am! BEAUTIFUL!

EVERY girl HAS to have a Baby Doll as cute as this one!

I sure wish I had this when I was going through the process....how wonderful and thoughtful!

Yes, I know mom, I win the award for best big brother in the universe....and yes...because I am an OSU fan....that makes me even cooler..I do think I need a haircut though!

Oh NO! Is that the camera she is holding?? UGH....here we go again!

HAHAHAHA......

OK....I am done laughing....GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Oh MUCH better....can I play Peek A Boo with this toy? Ummm....no...it doesn't work.

Well, then I guess I will just sit here and examine this toy...anything is better then smiling for that camera!

WHAT!? You mean a sweet person named Kate bought me this outfit in Guatemala? Just for me??? I sure must be special!

Oh yeah....I am special alright!

Look how cute I am in this outfit! It is so lovely mom!

OK....back to the toy again!




14 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet is that little guy of yours!!! I love his song - he did a great job! :)

Rebecca said...

How absolutely PRECIOUS!!!! I love the little outfits, bracelet and doll that Kate sent Mikayala. That was so thoughtful. She looks great in yellow. ;-)) And that little Alex, he is such a honey. I know he just adores his sister.

I have to have a girl next. ;-)))

HUGS, Rebecca

Brandy's Adventure said...

Oh Mindy...that is so adorable! I love the outfits and I LOVE Alec singing to her. That is so sweet! Sounds like you have great friends and have been a great friend to many!!
Oh yeah...love the ponytails!! Her and Jaelyn can be twins in their pictures we take while I am home!!!
P.S. I loved our conversation today too....and you thought I was boring...HA! Just kidding!!

JuJu - said...

Your family is so beautiful:)

Julia:)

Melissa De Mers said...

OH MY GOODNESS I love that video of Alec singing to Mikayla! How adorable. "Never get married.." I was ROLLING. :)

Haylee says he looks cute. ;) She watched his video too!

The outfits are SO cute.

Mikayla is almost ONE!

Love,
Mel

Bekah said...

That yellow outfit is amazing...so beautiful on her. And those pigtails are PRECIOUS! She is beautiful. Love your sweet son and his awesome song...such a wonderful big brother!

Joe and Gina said...

I love the video..what a cutie..Mikayla looks adorable in the Yellow outfit...

EB said...

oh how sweet all of it, the dress, the pigtails, the song

Mikayla has a GREAT big brother

Katie said...

CUTE -- Love it all !! You know I love the pigtails and Alec is a doll !!!

Jenny and Matt said...

How stinkin' cute is Alec!?! What a sweetheart

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the dress! And the outfit she is in. How thoughtful and sweet Mindy for her to do that!!! I love the bracelet and I know how special that will be to you to have it.
The video made me cry of course! I have watched it over and over. Your dad was wiping tears from his eyes. He turned his head but I knew thats what he was doing! LOL! Can I say I have the sweetest grandchildren and I love them so much and miss them!
Hug and kiss them for me tonight and one for you too honey!
I love you all,
Mom

Melissa De Mers said...

Oh forgot to mention I LOVE the uplift/redo you did to this blog. :) It is fun to change it up a bit sometimes huh?! I LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

OMG-how absolutely precious is that, so nice to be able to have that forever! He is truely the sweetest boy I know. Mikayla looks so cute in her yellow and love the sunflower dress. Great to have such good friends and family, huh!!? I'd give anything to live closer. Does he have a game tomorrow? Aunt Zell

Watson Family said...

Loved the pics and video. I've been an emotional reck lately, but the video brought happy tears to my eyes!!