Thursday, November 1, 2007

Nine Months ago today....

...was Mikayla's very first full day in her home. We came home late on January 31st. It was her first morning waking up in HER crib. Her first time eating cereal in HER high chair. Her first time playing in HER living room...it was her first day! OUR first day! And it was an AMAZING one and every day since that first one has been amazing. I look at these pictures and thank God for so many things. Too many things to really list...but this adoption was such a blessing to me and my family and it goes far beyond becoming the mother to the most beautiful daughter on earth. I gained strength and courage I never knew I had. I gained friendships I never thought I would have. I gained knowledge of things I never knew. I gained a family. A COMPLETE family. A daughter AND a son...and they are both mine...and both beautiful...and they adore each other. I am blessed...and I want to be thankful for it. Sometimes in the craziness of life we forget just how blessed we really are. I don't want to forget...I want to always remember and always know.

Her FIRST picture of the morning...look at that sweet face!
Alec feeding her her morning bottle
All dressed for the day to go see everyone at the Sheriff's Office (daddy's work)

Her FIRST bath at HOME
All wrapped up and ready for bed....what a wonderful first day HOME!

9 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

My how fast time goes by! Mikayla is so adorable and Alec is such a great big brother! Congrats on this special anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love her!
Yes, we cannot ever be too thankful. The Lord has been SOOOO good! What a joy to see these pictures tonight. I remember that day right along with you honey.
Mom

Julie said...

Wow! Time flies by so fast, doesn't it Mindy? Looking at these pictures remind me of your long journey waiting for Miss Mikayla and the many prayers lifted up for you, your family and also for her. I'm so glad she's safe with you, enjoying her life and being blessed with the many opportunities given to her.

veggiemom said...

Congrats on a milestone. It gives me goosebumps just to think about it.
Kerri and Ruby

Becca said...

Amen - truly blessed is right! Sometimes we do forget how wonderful the Lord has been to us.

Megan said...

Beautifully written! Continued blessings to you and your family!

Joe and Gina said...

Beautiful post Mindy. I still can't believe it has been 9 months. WOW..What a wonderful 9 months it has been for your family. What a precious little thing she was..and still is...

Robyn said...

What precious pics!! Happy 9 Month Anniversary!!

Robyn

JuJu - said...

breaks my heart how fast time goes by......