You really meet some wonderful, wonderful people when you adopt! I met my really good friend, Gina, on the adoption.com forum and we have really been friends ever since! We talk for hours on the phone and have been great suport for each other. We are a lot alike and I know we will be friends for life. Gina also really helped me when my grandma passed away. She was in the midst of leaving for her pick up trip and still took the time to make sure I was OK. That really meant so much to me. So Gina and her husband just brought their son, Christian, home from Guatemala a few weeks ago! He lived in the same baby home as Mikayla did and he is about two weeks older then Mikayla. And today I got to meet him for the FIRST TIME! Oh my what a DOLL he is!
Gina and I met up in Fairlawn and then drove up to the Cleveland Zoo today. I think today was the hottest day so far this year and the poor kids were sweating and covered in sunscreen. But it was SO much fun! I truly think Mikayla knew who he was....when Gina put him in the carseat in my van she was really checking him out!
After we ate lunch, we headed out to see some animals. Mikayla was asleep in ten minutes and sweet Christian fought the sleep-bug and stayed awake then entire time we were there (of coure he crashed as soon as we got back in the van)! He was so interested in everything and is a curious little boy! Alec adored him and has said several times since we got home..."I sure do miss that friend Gina of yours and that little baby boy!"
We spent about three hours walking around and rode the little train there too. Alec was a champ. He had to walk the entire time but Gina helped him out some by giving him some piggy back rides here and there. Alec thought that was GREAT.
Love ya Gina! I had so much fun today...can't wait to do it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
They are both sooooo cute! They look like two little love birds! Alec sure looks like a big boy next to the girafe growth chart - Danny would love that since he is so into how big he is getting! Looks like a fun day! Thanks for sharing!
What a fun day!!! Both of those children are just beautiful and precious! Tell Gina hello for me!
Love the HOT ZOO pictures...She always looks so cute...sweaty and all. Hugs Candy and Kya Blu
how fun! and how special that mikayla and christian can be friends here in the U.S.!!
That is so sweet! What about a pic of you and Gina? :) Mikayla and Christian look adorable together!!!!
Alec is so tall! Haylee is about 43" tall. She is also pretty tall for her age.
I keep thinking of what you said on my blog about us meeting up. I can't stop thinking about it! I think we may just HAVE to work something out. :) Do you think we could meet in the middle? Brandy and I will have to figure out what IS in the middle, LOL.
We've been online friends for so long...I want to meet you! :)
Love ya,
Melissa
Love that last pic:)
Julia
Post a Comment