Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Still Here

I think that may be the longest I have gone without blogging! HAH! Did you miss me? You must have if you are reading this. LOL.

We have all been really, really sick but are getting better now. Boy was it a rough few days. Kris had his appointment back with the Doctor to go over his MRI results. He didn't tear anything and they looked good, however, there was a lot of fluid and so they wanted to take it out. Oh my...I have no words to describe how horrible that procedure was for Kris. I have never in my life seen him in that much pain. They numbed the area before they began but it didn't work and let me tell you...I don't think I could have done it. That needle was huge and it took the Doctor TEN MINUTES to get all the fluid out. He just kept moving the needle around and Kris was as white as a ghost. Alec had his ears covered and was so upset by it. He just kept saying...."GET MY DAD A BAND-AID....HURRY!" It was cute...he was so worried about his dad. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIS DAD. Kris hasn't been good since. He can barely walk now and more then likely will not be able to go to work tomorrow. There is actually a HOLE in his knee from that needle. I just feel horrible for him and have done everything I can do to make him comfortable. They are sending the fluid off to be tested for stuff...not sure what but they will call with the results in a week they said. Pray for him....he is miserable.

Tomorrow is Alec's first T-Ball game and HE IS EXCITED! Sweet little thing. I can't wait and if Kris doesn't go to work then he will obviously be able to go. I will post pictures tomorrow!

4 comments:

JuJu - said...

T=Ball is so fun -
I hope he has a blast and I cannot wait to see pics:) Glad you are feeling better:)

JUlia:)

Jenny and Matt said...

Glad you're feeling better - I WAS worried.
Give Kris our sympathies, that procedure is painful.
have fun at the game tonight. I LOVE T-ball!

Jane said...

glad to hear you are feeling better! I just love Alec and his medical mind.... with his sympathy for Mikayla while she goes through blood test, and with daddy and his knee.... I think you should start saving for his medical college! Can he apply to OSU yet? Or maybe he should be a sales rep for Band-Aid!

As for the fluid.... it is my understanding that for anything and everything they remove from the body has to go to path for a study... talk to a pathologist sometime, you would be amazed the things they have to "study"! I wouldn't be concerned about the test... standard procedure, and more money from the insurance company!

Jane said...

And... I am with Julia... I will be praying for you as you journey down the road of sports with your little guy!